I try to enhance grid management for GTK geda PCB.
I prepare my first beta patch for pcb git. It's here. Please test and comment it.
More info is here http://archives.seul.org/geda/user/Feb-2011/msg00218.html
WARNING about this beta patch:
1. Please see my comments inside the patch file.
2. Not use for production. Only for test.
3. File format changed. (beta) (only grids section)
4. Version changed. So use ./autogen.sh after patch.
5. Use gpcb-menu.res from git (will be patched), i.e. not use your local gpcb-menu.res.
6. Patch contain some Unicode symbols.
7. Lesstif's side can become broken!
I configure like ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-doc --with-gui=gtk
What to test:
Three levels of grid available while zooming. Colors is selectable (same place as before).
Test G key, Shift+G key, and ^G (after ^M) key.
Test file save/load.
I also need help to translate this to lesstif, and to correct some gtk problems (you find it in my comments in patch).