Connection loss on SELECT from empty table

Bug #628780 reported by Heinz Wiesinger on 2010-09-02
8
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
MariaDB
Invalid
High
Arjen Lentz
OQGRAPH
High
Open Query core

Bug Description

I'm using oqgraph trunk (revision 10) from launchpad with MariaDB 5.1.47. When executing the queries in the attached testcase, I get following response after the SELECT:

ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server during query

*** Note from Arjen: this only happens when using code from the oqgraph repo, the bug not does not appear when building MariaDB 5.2 which includes oqgraph.

Heinz Wiesinger (hmwiesinger) wrote :
Arjen Lentz (arjen-lentz) wrote :

Heinz, since you're building from source anyway, can you please try this in MariaDB 5.2 which has OQGRAPH in the trunk already? I think you might be tripping over a bug that's already been fixed since, but not quite sure because of the different repos. thanks.

Changed in oqgraph:
importance: Undecided → High
assignee: nobody → Arjen Lentz (arjen-lentz)
status: New → Incomplete
Heinz Wiesinger (hmwiesinger) wrote :

I tried with latest 5.2 code. After some issues with xtradb vs. innodb I have it up and running just fine, but when trying to load the oqgraph engine I get an error:

[ERROR] Can't open shared library '/usr/lib64/mysql/plugin/oqgraph_engine.so' (errno: 0 undefined symbol: _ZTVN10__cxxabiv120__si_class_type_infoE)

I tried to google and found that it might have something to do with libstdc++. But that's about it :-/

Heinz Wiesinger (hmwiesinger) wrote :

Ok, apparently that's an issue with oqgraph_engine.so not linking with libstdc++ in some cases. I had to specify g++ as my compiler instead of gcc to fix it.

Anyway, with the engine now loading I can verify that I no longer get that error on the oqgraph version included in MariaDB 5.2.

Arjen Lentz (arjen-lentz) wrote :

Yep you need to build with g++. The scripts in BUILD/ do that, so please do use those.

Ok, thanks for verifying that indeed that issues has been fixed in the MariaDB oqgraph codebase. Will need to see why it's not in the oqgraph bzr repo... to prevent others from tripping over it.

Changed in oqgraph:
status: Incomplete → Confirmed
assignee: Arjen Lentz (arjen-lentz) → Antony T Curtis (atcurtis)
assignee: Antony T Curtis (atcurtis) → Open Query core (openquery-core)
description: updated
Changed in maria:
assignee: nobody → Arjen Lentz (arjen-lentz)
milestone: none → 5.2
status: New → Invalid
importance: Undecided → High
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers