[Upstream] [hardy] OOWriter Unable to Import Image by URL

Bug #192541 reported by John Doe on 2008-02-17
2
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
OpenOffice
New
Unknown
openoffice.org (Ubuntu)
Wishlist
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: openoffice.org

Version: 2.3.0-1ubuntu

OpenOffice Writer fails to provide a means to import images from the internet or web.

Reproducable Bug:
Insert --> Picture --> (No From URL... or From Web...) just From File... or From Scanner...

Iulian Udrea (iulian) wrote :

Thank you for your bug report. I couldn't reproduce this in Hardy. Do you get any errors or something that can help us to fix it? Could you please attach a screenshot to the bug report?

Thank you.

Changed in openoffice.org:
status: New → Incomplete

I am using Feisty. It is not capturable in a screenshot because of
things in the background (the clipboard). I can neither copy and
paste images from the internet (copy pictures and paste in openoffice,
tried Firefox and Konqueror) or have the option to go to Insert,
Picture, and Import by URL because there is no such feature in
openoffice.

Workaround: Screenshot of the webpage, manually cut out image, and
paste into openoffice.

On 2/17/08, Iulian Udrea <email address hidden> wrote:
> Thank you for your bug report. I couldn't reproduce this in Hardy. Do
> you get any errors or something that can help us to fix it? Could you
> please attach a screenshot to the bug report?
>
> Thank you.
>
> ** Changed in: openoffice.org (Ubuntu)
> Status: New => Incomplete
>
> --
> OOWriter Unable to Import Image by URL
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/192541
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>

--
PGP Public Encryption Key:
http://johndoe32102002.blogspot.com/

On Ubuntu Hardy (8.04) copy/paste image from Firefox works, but as you say there is no Insert -> Picture -> From URL/From Web option. So I marked the bug as wishlist.

Changed in openoffice.org:
importance: Undecided → Wishlist
status: Incomplete → Confirmed
Chris Cheney (ccheney) on 2008-03-16
Changed in openoffice:
importance: Undecided → Unknown
status: New → Unknown
Changed in openoffice:
status: Unknown → New
Chris Cheney (ccheney) on 2008-06-14
Changed in openoffice.org:
status: Confirmed → Triaged
NoBugs! (luke32j) wrote :

Or you could just save the image and insert the file in the document.

Move this Bug to a Feature Request if you wold like Luke.

On 1/12/09, NoBugs! <email address hidden> wrote:
> Or you could just save the image and insert the file in the document.
>
> --
> [Upstream] [hardy] OOWriter Unable to Import Image by URL
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/192541
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>

--
PGP Public Encryption Key:
http://johndoe32102002.blogspot.com/

Chris Cheney (ccheney) on 2010-05-14
tags: added: hardy
Changed in openoffice.org (Ubuntu):
status: Triaged → Won't Fix

[This is an automated message.]
There are no new official OpenOffice.org releases in Ubuntu packaging anymore => Won't Fix

If the problem persists, please mark this bug as "also affects project Libreoffice" or "also affects distribution Libreoffice (Ubuntu)" if that has not happened already.

Please leave references to upstream OpenOffice.org bugs in place to allow cross pollination.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.