Group by field with Chinese Characters Font error

Bug #799818 reported by 开阖软件 Jeff Wang on 2011-06-20
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone

Bug Description

When we are on tree view, want to group by a field with chinese content. the group shown as blank 口口口口 on GTK client, web client works OK.

we found the reason is in source code of
line 299 to line 302

font = pango.FontDescription('Times New Roman bold 10')
            if self.field_name in model.field_with_empty_labels:
                cell.set_property('foreground', '#AAAAAA')
                font = pango.FontDescription('italic 10')

Because here English font only support English text, Chinese text with double byte can not shown

We solved this issue after remove these lines then let pango select right Font from local machine

Hello Jeff Wang,

I have checked your issue with latest updated code with stable-6 and trunk both but I did't find any

problem related to content.

Would you please elaborate more on this issue. On which form you did face the problem so we can reproduce

same as our end.

Thanks and waiting for your reply.

Changed in openobject-client:
status: New → Incomplete

1- Please copy this text 销售员 as the name of demo user.
2- Use GTK, Open the list of customers then group by SALESMAN
3- Now in the list, can you see the text 销售员 ?
4- That's the bug I mean.


I have again checked your issue as per your specification.

This is not a generalize issue, If you forcefully copied the chines character text 销售员 as the name of demo user it will always show the 销售员.

So again this is not a bug. OpenERP will not translate automatically when your user language is English.

But you can propose your opinion on, our experts will review your opinion.

Currently I am closing this issue.

Correct me if I am misunderstand you.


Changed in openobject-client:
status: Incomplete → Invalid

Yes, you misunderstand me. let me give you my screen shot

Hello Jeff Wang,

I have tested with latest updated code stable6 and trunk both still I have not face any problem.

I think this is your system font problems. I have attached a screenshot for your reference check it.

Would you please try with latest updated code and give your system information, you use Ubuntu or other.

Thanks and waiting for your reply.

You didn't look at my screen shot carefully or read my words carefully.

Please change the name of Demo User to 真见鬼 then see the group result.

In my screen shot, the group by field have CHINESE content, in your screen shot, It's English.

Naresh(OpenERP) (nch-openerp) wrote :

Hello Jeff Wang,

Well ..there is no such issue on latest trunk. you can check the attachment that shows the use case you mentioned with the change of demo user to 真见鬼.

Note: Tested on latest trunk revisions.


Yes, Thank you with your comments and screen shot.
That is what we want, seems it is fixed now. Thanks again.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers