[6.0RC1] modul printjob fails to load (NaN)

Bug #681532 reported by Ferdinand on 2010-11-25
20
This bug affects 4 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Odoo Addons (MOVED TO GITHUB)
Won't Fix
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Environment Information :
System : Linux-2.6.34.7-0.5-desktop-x86_64-with-SuSE-11.3-x86_64
OS Name : posix
LSB Version: core-2.0-noarch:core-3.2-noarch:core-4.0-noarch:core-2.0-x86_64:core-3.2-x86_64:core-4.0-x86_64:desktop-4.0-amd64:desktop-4.0-noarch:graphics-2.0-amd64:graphics-2.0-noarch:graphics-3.2-amd64:graphics-3.2-noarch:graphics-4.0-amd64:graphics-4.0-noarch
Distributor ID: SUSE LINUX
Description: openSUSE 11.3 (x86_64)
Release: 11.3
Codename: n/a
Operating System Release : 2.6.34.7-0.5-desktop
Operating System Version : #1 SMP PREEMPT 2010-10-25 08:40:12 +0200
Operating System Architecture : 64bit
Operating System Locale : en_US.UTF8
Python Version : 2.6.5
OpenERP-Client Version : 6.0.0-rc1-1
Last revision No. & ID :1696 launchpad_translations_on_behalf_of_openerp-20101125045234-dzsxzv005sfk59ze
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/netsvc.py", line 489, in dispatch
    result = ExportService.getService(service_name).dispatch(method, auth, params)
  File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/service/web_services.py", line 586, in dispatch
    res = fn(db, uid, *params)
  File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/osv/osv.py", line 57, in wrapper
    return f(self, dbname, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/osv/osv.py", line 140, in execute
    res = pool.execute_cr(cr, uid, obj, method, *args, **kw)
  File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/osv/osv.py", line 130, in execute_cr
    return getattr(object, method)(cr, uid, *args, **kw)
  File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/addons/base/module/wizard/base_module_upgrade.py", line 99, in upgrade_module
    _, pool = pooler.restart_pool(cr.dbname, update_module=True)
  File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/pooler.py", line 60, in restart_pool
    return get_db_and_pool(db_name, force_demo, status, update_module=update_module)
  File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/pooler.py", line 39, in get_db_and_pool
    addons.load_modules(db, force_demo, status, update_module)
  File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/addons/__init__.py", line 853, in load_modules
    r = load_module_graph(cr, graph, status, report=report)
  File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/addons/__init__.py", line 698, in load_module_graph
    register_class(package.name)
  File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/addons/__init__.py", line 441, in register_class
    imp.load_module(m, *fm)
  File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/addons/printjob/__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
    from printjob import *
  File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/addons/printjob/printjob.py", line 448, in <module>
    report_spool()
  File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/addons/printjob/printjob.py", line 301, in __init__
    self.joinGroup('web-services')
  File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/netsvc.py", line 52, in joinGroup
    raise Exception("No group for local services")
Exception: No group for local services

Changed in openobject-addons:
status: New → Won't Fix
assignee: nobody → Albert Cervera i Areny - http://www.NaN-tic.com (albert-nan)

I removed the assignee because we didn't do the port to v6.0 and cannot guarantee when/if will we work on it.

Changed in openobject-addons:
assignee: Albert Cervera i Areny - http://www.NaN-tic.com (albert-nan) → nobody
assignee: nobody → Albert Cervera i Areny - http://www.NaN-tic.com (albert-nan)
Changed in openobject-addons:
assignee: Albert Cervera i Areny - http://www.NaN-tic.com (albert-nan) → nobody
Ferdinand (office-chricar) wrote :

@Jay
IMHO OpenERP should establish a way to deal with "Won't Fix"
the module is in extra addons and does not load - now nobody seems to take care

if modules do not "work" or are unmaintained somebody should move them to a special branch "unmaintained" or similar

I think most admins/users will expect that extra addons are maintainted and work in some way.

On Friday 26 November 2010, you wrote:
> @Jay
> IMHO OpenERP should establish a way to deal with "Won't Fix"
> the module is in extra addons and does not load - now nobody seems to take
> care

Don't worry about the Launchpad status. It's mostly garbage and doesn't mean
that some of us won't look at the issue regardless.

As a temporary mark I would sugest to turn the "installable" flag of those
extra modules to "False", until we have a little time to port them to v6.0
API.

If any of the members of the community cares to help with porting, I'd be
happy to help them. But cannot devote too much time to fix extra-addons, before
we really finish the official ones and release v6.0.0 that we all have been
waiting for so long. That's our top priority now.

Download full text (4.7 KiB)

Ferdinand,

You have to think that unfortunately most of the extra addons are still not
ported to v6. We ported a few ones like magentoerpconnect and dependencies
but it's rather an exception.
So, it's wiser to just expect extra addons won't work by default until
proven otherwise (and yes, this lack of visibility is unfortunate, it's all
related to the single branch + lack of standard module repository and module
versionning issues).

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 2:01 PM, xrg <email address hidden> wrote:

> On Friday 26 November 2010, you wrote:
> > @Jay
> > IMHO OpenERP should establish a way to deal with "Won't Fix"
> > the module is in extra addons and does not load - now nobody seems to
> take
> > care
>
> Don't worry about the Launchpad status. It's mostly garbage and doesn't
> mean
> that some of us won't look at the issue regardless.
>
> As a temporary mark I would sugest to turn the "installable" flag of those
> extra modules to "False", until we have a little time to port them to v6.0
> API.
>
> If any of the members of the community cares to help with porting, I'd be
> happy to help them. But cannot devote too much time to fix extra-addons,
> before
> we really finish the official ones and release v6.0.0 that we all have been
> waiting for so long. That's our top priority now.
>
> --
> [6.0RC1] modul printjob fails to load (NaN)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/681532
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to
> OpenObject Addons.
>
> Status in OpenObject Addons Modules: Won't Fix
>
> Bug description:
>
> Environment Information :
> System : Linux-2.6.34.7-0.5-desktop-x86_64-with-SuSE-11.3-x86_64
> OS Name : posix
> LSB Version:
> core-2.0-noarch:core-3.2-noarch:core-4.0-noarch:core-2.0-x86_64:core-3.2-x86_64:core-4.0-x86_64:desktop-4.0-amd64:desktop-4.0-noarch:graphics-2.0-amd64:graphics-2.0-noarch:graphics-3.2-amd64:graphics-3.2-noarch:graphics-4.0-amd64:graphics-4.0-noarch
> Distributor ID: SUSE LINUX
> Description: openSUSE 11.3 (x86_64)
> Release: 11.3
> Codename: n/a
> Operating System Release : 2.6.34.7-0.5-desktop
> Operating System Version : #1 SMP PREEMPT 2010-10-25 08:40:12 +0200
> Operating System Architecture : 64bit
> Operating System Locale : en_US.UTF8
> Python Version : 2.6.5
> OpenERP-Client Version : 6.0.0-rc1-1
> Last revision No. & ID :1696
> launchpad_translations_on_behalf_of_openerp-20101125045234-dzsxzv005sfk59ze
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/netsvc.py", line
> 489, in dispatch
> result = ExportService.getService(service_name).dispatch(method, auth,
> params)
> File
> "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/service/web_services.py",
> line 586, in dispatch
> res = fn(db, uid, *params)
> File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/osv/osv.py", line
> 57, in wrapper
> return f(self, dbname, *args, **kwargs)
> File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/osv/osv.py", line
> 140, in execute
> res = pool.execute_cr(cr, uid, obj, method, *args, **kw)
> File "/home2/gass/OpenERP/trunk/openobject-server/bin/osv/osv.py", line
> 130, in execute_cr
> return getattr(object, met...

Read more...

Carlos Ch. (solracch) wrote :

Hi,

I was testing the printjob module and got the same error.
I know that the module has not been ported already to v6 but the the problem I see is that the error comes from:
/server/bin/netsvc.py line 52:

def joinGroup(self, name):
        raise Exception("No group for local services")
        #GROUPS.setdefault(name, {})[self.__name] = self

is this normal that it always returns an Exception?

thnx

snook (snook) wrote :

Shame printjob module is not part of V6.

All of the clients we are associated with (using other ERP software) have the ability to:
 - directly send a report to a printer (no user intervention)
 - designate reports to printers via a workflow (eg: all picking requests to print on a warehouse printer)

Perhaps there is a feature or module that provides the equivalent else where ?

I am surprised that OpenERP can be configured in any reasonably sized organisation without some sort of print automation as provided by the printjob module.

A thought... (Maybe it is available in v5 and larger installations have not occurred in v6 yet)

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers