We need hide/remove procedure that we will follow

Reported by Jakub Jankiewicz on 2012-02-08
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
openclipart
Critical
Jakub Jankiewicz

Bug Description

We need procedure that we will follow in cases of copyright/trademark violations of our policies like uploading embeded images or not upload as remix.

I think that we should have these:

1. Any User report issue. (maybe we should allow for unlloged users to report issues as well)
2. Librarian take a look
3. Hide clipart and send notification to user that he need to remove that clipart
4. Mark for removal
5. After a period of time librarian remove that clipart

(there will be better to have separeted table for that like
       ocal_files 1------1,0 ocal_file_issue N ----------- 1 ocal_issues
becasue it will need to have date of marking - and based on date it should be displayd on a list and the only thing that librarian will need to do is to click delete button)

Librarian will not have a way to delete a clipart unless it folow that procedure. SystemGOD (or root when we will have those in Aiki) will be able to delete clipart if they want. This is just precaution that will ensure that no one will delete other users clipart, we should not give that power to librarians - that's why we will have those procedures)

in Case of muliply violations (like those with this user that upload clipart with one embeded image)
we need to send warrings email that all his clipart are mark as violation of our policy and they will be removed.

this notification email should be send on time if user have more then one clipart that violate our policy. Librarian should be able to select all (with checkbox) clipart and click hide. He/She should select from a list a reason why clipart is hidden and based on his/her choice a proper notification will be send automatically. If the reason is not on the list that librarian should be able to write explanation (there should be a message, for librarian, that will indicate that this exmplanation will be send to the owner of the clipart).

There should be also procedure for suspend user account for multiply violations
user should have marker (only in database) that will be shown for librarians that there was some issue with this user. And based on that if new violation will came out (eg.: user keep upload copyrighted materials)

If there is issue on that clipart that was reported by user librarian can do previous procedure or
1. Remove the clipart instantly
2. suspend user account
3. Send removing notification email

2 and 3 should be implemented as one action taken by librarian.

The procedure can be the same as for removtion clipart, but when librarian select clipart to hide there will be a message that this user have violation history and libraian then will have a choice to suspend the user or simply hide clipart, violation_marker can be a counter.

We should have different procedure for users that send spam comments
1. User mark comment as spam
2. Librian take a look
3. Remove the comment if is spam
4. Send warring to user (user can have spam couter that is displayd next to comment if there is 3 or 4) then there can be a mark for librarian next to the comment.
5. If there is a mark next to comment (the number of spam comments can be lower or higher) librian send notification that user account was suspended (in this point user already have been notified 3 or 4 times that his/her comment is spam)

Should we allow for users to reactivate his/her account by replying to remove notification email?

Maybe last email should be send from account on openclipart.org domain (we will need to create account/email server and send that email from that account - don't know how) like <email address hidden>

Changed in openclipart:
milestone: none → 3.2
assignee: nobody → Jakub Jankiewicz (jcubic)
importance: Undecided → Critical
rejon (rejon) on 2012-03-07
Changed in openclipart:
status: New → Confirmed
Jakub Jankiewicz (jcubic) wrote :

It's already have fundations, if someone create pd_issue tag it display warrning message,

So we need a way for every user to add pd_issue tag to clipart then display list of clipart for librarians and add delete clipart function, (I think that there is no such function correct me if I wrong)

All sounds good, please do!

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 5:50 AM, Jakub Jankiewicz
<email address hidden> wrote:
> It's already have fundations, if someone create pd_issue tag it display
> warrning message,
>
> So we need a way for every user to add pd_issue tag to clipart then
> display list of clipart for librarians and add delete clipart function,
> (I think that there is no such function correct me if I wrong)
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of
> openclipart.devel, which is subscribed to openclipart.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/929153
>
> Title:
>  We need hide/remove procedure that we will follow
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openclipart/+bug/929153/+subscriptions

--
Jon Phillips 王✳爻气 http://fabricatorz.com ✳ skype: kidproto ✳ irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (global) ✳ +86-187-1003-9974 (beijing)

Jakub Jankiewicz (jcubic) wrote :

So procedure can be like this user click a button PD issue it will add tag pd_issue librairan get list of pd_issue clipart and they mark pd_delete or pd_issue_confirm (using a button - that will send notifcation that this clipart is violation of PD) and then Admins will check the list and delete them (using a button that notify a user).

Before we have buttons we can just use tags for that and manualy delete clipart.

rejon (rejon) wrote :

Sounds good. Let us know when you have implemented please.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM, Jakub Jankiewicz
<email address hidden> wrote:
> So procedure can be like this user click a button PD issue it will add
> tag pd_issue librairan get list of pd_issue clipart and they mark
> pd_delete or pd_issue_confirm (using a button - that will send
> notifcation that this clipart is violation of PD) and then Admins will
> check the list and delete them (using a button that notify a user).
>
> Before we have buttons we can just use tags for that and manualy delete
> clipart.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of
> openclipart.devel, which is subscribed to openclipart.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/929153
>
> Title:
>  We need hide/remove procedure that we will follow
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openclipart/+bug/929153/+subscriptions

--
Jon Phillips 王✳爻气 http://fabricatorz.com ✳ skype: kidproto ✳ irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (global) ✳ +86-187-1003-9974 (beijing)

Jakub Jankiewicz (jcubic) wrote :

I prepare message that we should send to users that clipart is mark as pd_issue

====
We mark your clipart http://openclipart.org/detail/127453/nuclear-power---no-thanks!-by-worker as pd_issue because it's copyrighted. <Comment put into textarea with explanation>. In OCAL we can only have clipart that are in Public Domain (no copyright at all).

Soon this clipart will be removed or you can remove it yourself.

Thanks
Open Clipart Team
====

You can propose better one

NOTE: maybe we should use comments to indicate why it's copyrighted or trademarked.

what about when all users will be able to click pd_issue, maybe we should have maybe_pd and when librarian confirm it will be pd_issue and when he/she confirm it will notify the user.

maybe user that click maybe_pd should also add comment with explanation, or put link to the page with copyright notice.

rejon (rejon) on 2012-04-23
Changed in openclipart:
milestone: 3.2 → 3.3
rejon (rejon) on 2012-08-20
Changed in openclipart:
milestone: 3.3 → 3.2
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers