remove artfavor's clipart

Reported by chovynz on 2011-10-25
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
openclipart
Critical
Jakub Jankiewicz

Bug Description

I would recommend that we delete all of ArtFavor's clipart. They have come up too many times on my anti-pd radar. Gerald G originally suggested that it would be good to remove the collection (since ArtFavor was a collective of uploaders and authors that he was part of), and I was hesitant to remove such a good resources, but realistically, it should go. There is too much work involved in checking the hundreds of clipart that Artfavor has uploaded.

Can someone run an SQL command and remove all artfavors clipart please? (Also teach me how you did that.) Cheers, Chovynz. 26oct11

I agree

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 10:24 PM, chovynz <email address hidden> wrote:
> Public bug reported:
>
> I would recommend that we delete all of ArtFavor's clipart. They have
> come up too many times on my anti-pd radar. Gerald G originally
> suggested that it would be good to remove the collection (since ArtFavor
> was a collective of uploaders and authors that he was part of), and I
> was hesitant to remove such a good resources, but realistically, it
> should go. There is too much work involved in checking the hundreds of
> clipart that Artfavor has uploaded.
>
> Can someone run an SQL command and remove all artfavors clipart please?
> (Also teach me how you did that.) Cheers, Chovynz. 26oct11
>
> ** Affects: openclipart
>     Importance: Undecided
>         Status: New
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of
> openclipart.devel, which is subscribed to openclipart.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/881448
>
> Title:
>  remove artfavor's clipart
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openclipart/+bug/881448/+subscriptions
>

--
Jon Phillips ✳ http://fabricatorz.com ✳ skype: kidproto ✳ irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (global) ✳ +86-187-1003-9974 (beijing)

rejon (rejon) wrote :

jakub please do this. thanks

Changed in openclipart:
status: New → Confirmed
importance: Undecided → High
assignee: nobody → Jakub Jankiewicz (jcubic)
milestone: none → 3.1
Jakub Jankiewicz (jcubic) wrote :

Do you want to send email to him that OCAL delete all hic clipart?

I don't think so. His clipart is proven to be problematic.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Jakub Jankiewicz
<email address hidden> wrote:
> Do you want to send email to him that OCAL delete all hic clipart?
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of
> openclipart.devel, which is subscribed to openclipart.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/881448
>
> Title:
>  remove artfavor's clipart
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openclipart/+bug/881448/+subscriptions
>

--
Jon Phillips ✳ http://fabricatorz.com ✳ skype: kidproto ✳ irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (global) ✳ +86-187-1003-9974 (beijing)

chovynz (chovynz) wrote :

And please teach me how to as well.

On 27 October 2011 20:51, rejon <email address hidden> wrote:

> I don't think so. His clipart is proven to be problematic.
>
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Jakub Jankiewicz
> <email address hidden> wrote:
> > Do you want to send email to him that OCAL delete all hic clipart?
> >
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openclipart/+bug/881448/+subscriptions
>

chovynz (chovynz) wrote :

ArtFavor was a group of artists. Gerald G was one of them (if I recall the
conversations correctly), and he is ok with deleting them - he was one who
actually suggested that we could delete them. I don't think notification is
needed in this instance. And if someone complains, well, I'll take the
responsibilty and talk to them about it myself.

I think it's best for OCAL if ArtFavor's clipart is removed completly.

On 27 October 2011 20:00, Jakub Jankiewicz <email address hidden>wrote:

> Do you want to send email to him that OCAL delete all hic clipart?
>

Hachmann (marenhachmann) wrote :

In some places, the sources are indicated. I would recommend not to delete those cliparts. If you like, I can offer to look through the cliparts whether there is a source given or not and sort them accordingly. I'd like to save at least some pictures from getting lost to the community.

Jakub Jankiewicz (jcubic) wrote :

@Hachmann Can you just add some unique tag to those clipart that should not to be deleted?

rejon (rejon) on 2011-12-11
Changed in openclipart:
importance: High → Critical
Hachmann (marenhachmann) wrote :

I could tag those with 'source indicated', but right now, I cannot even log in. It says 'database connection failed'.

 Oh - suddenly I am logged in, despite the error message. Strange. Ah - and I see, now I can access more than one page of cliparts for one artist. That's good.

I just tried changing the tags, but it seems I lost the rights to do this. (I don't know why I was allowed to change anyone else's tags on the old site in the first place, as I didn't register as a librarian, but sometimes, I corrected some orthographic errors in other people's tags and it worked)

It's user 'Moini' who will then need to be allowed to change other people's tags. Could you send me a mail when you have changed my rights?

Hachmann (marenhachmann) wrote :

I won't need the tag-changing ability for this. I just looked through all of those artfavor cliparts (many of them were there twice...) and only found those that contain "TOM CORBETT" in the description as mentioning any sources.

Jakub Jankiewicz (jcubic) wrote :

So keep the files like this one and remove all the rest?

http://openclipart.org/detail/5599/space-pioneers-114-by-artfavor-5599

Jakub Jankiewicz (jcubic) wrote :

This query returns 31

select count(*) from ocal_files where user_name = 'ArtFavor' and upload_description like '%TOM CORBETT%';

Are you sure these files are the only one to keep?

rejon (rejon) wrote :

Sure, just then tag the other ones with a tag for needing review. I
can't remember which one that was: pd issue or pd_issue?

Gerald?

Jon

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Jakub Jankiewicz
<email address hidden> wrote:
> This query returns 31
>
> select count(*) from ocal_files where user_name = 'ArtFavor' and
> upload_description like '%TOM CORBETT%';
>
> Are you sure these files are the only one to keep?
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of
> openclipart.devel, which is subscribed to openclipart.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/881448
>
> Title:
>  remove artfavor's clipart
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openclipart/+bug/881448/+subscriptions

--
Jon Phillips 王✳爻气 http://fabricatorz.com ✳ skype: kidproto ✳ irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (global) ✳ +86-187-1003-9974 (beijing)

Hachmann (marenhachmann) wrote :

31 is quite a big number - yesterday, there were less than 10 pictures containing that in the description.

Jakub Jankiewicz (jcubic) wrote :

there are 14 that are SVG.

@rejon we suppost to delete those cliparts not tag them.

rejon (rejon) wrote :

yes, please delete

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 8:09 AM, Jakub Jankiewicz
<email address hidden> wrote:
> there are 14 that are SVG.
>
> @rejon we suppost to delete those cliparts not tag them.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of
> openclipart.devel, which is subscribed to openclipart.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/881448
>
> Title:
>  remove artfavor's clipart
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openclipart/+bug/881448/+subscriptions

--
Jon Phillips 王✳爻气 http://fabricatorz.com ✳ skype: kidproto ✳ irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (global) ✳ +86-187-1003-9974 (beijing)

Jakub Jankiewicz (jcubic) wrote :

I delete them - I run this query:

delete from ocal_files where user_name = 'ArtFavor' and upload_description not like '%TOM CORBETT%' and filename like '%svg';

but those files stay on disk and there are also png files that belong to ArtFavor user.

Changed in openclipart:
status: Confirmed → Fix Committed
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
rejon (rejon) wrote :

We should remove them from the disk too

Great work

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Jakub Jankiewicz
<email address hidden> wrote:
> I delete them - I run this query:
>
> delete from ocal_files where user_name = 'ArtFavor' and
> upload_description not like '%TOM CORBETT%' and filename like '%svg';
>
> but those files stay on disk and there are also png files that belong to
> ArtFavor user.
>
> ** Changed in: openclipart
>       Status: Confirmed => Fix Committed
>
> ** Changed in: openclipart
>       Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of
> openclipart.devel, which is subscribed to openclipart.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/881448
>
> Title:
>  remove artfavor's clipart
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openclipart/+bug/881448/+subscriptions

--
Jon Phillips 王✳爻气 http://fabricatorz.com ✳ skype: kidproto ✳ irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (global) ✳ +86-187-1003-9974 (beijing)

Jakub Jankiewicz (jcubic) wrote :

Now I don't know which are those. I can create a reverse script that will delete all svg files that are not in the database. it will delete all other files that was deleted by users from OCAL interface that didn't remove them from disk.

find people/ -name "*.svg" | grep -E '/[0-9]+.svg' | wc -l
3580
Those file are the one that was re upload so the original file ramain on the disk.

Can I remove those files?

rejon (rejon) wrote :

sure

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Jakub Jankiewicz
<email address hidden> wrote:
> Now I don't know which are those. I can create a reverse script that
> will delete all svg files that are not in the database. it will delete
> all other files that was deleted by users from OCAL interface that
> didn't remove them from disk.
>
> find people/ -name "*.svg" | grep -E '/[0-9]+.svg' | wc -l
> 3580
> Those file are the one that was re upload so the original file ramain on the disk.
>
> Can I remove those files?
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of
> openclipart.devel, which is subscribed to openclipart.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/881448
>
> Title:
>  remove artfavor's clipart
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openclipart/+bug/881448/+subscriptions

--
Jon Phillips 王✳爻气 http://fabricatorz.com ✳ skype: kidproto ✳ irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (global) ✳ +86-187-1003-9974 (beijing)

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers