not building with libgee 0.10.1-1

Reported by Sven Frenzel on 2013-04-18
16
This bug affects 3 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Nuvola Player
High
Unassigned
2.0.x
High
Unassigned

Bug Description

When trying to build nuvolaplayer on arch with libgee 0.10.1-1 installed it throws back the following error
"Unable to satisfy dependency gee-1.0 >= 0.6".
Yet when I run
# pacman -Q | grep gee
I have the following output
"libgee 0.10.1-1"

Obligatory information:
Nuvolaplayer version: 2.0.2
Distro: Arch (testing and staging enabled)
Steps required:
Install Arch, enable [testing] and [staging]
Install Gnome (3.8)
try to install build nuvolaplayer (either manual or through the AUR)

Thanks for taking the time to report this bug. The new libgee seems to
have changed ABI/API number (gee-0.8 instead of gee-1.0), so the build
script cannot find it. Could you try to replace "gee-1.0" with
"gee-0.8" in wscript and build again (waf distclean configure build)?

  status incomplete

Changed in nuvola-player:
status: New → Incomplete
Sven Frenzel (sven-i) wrote :

now the configuration works just fine.. But I am unable build.
error message attached as pastebin
http://pastebin.com/uLAHbPqs

> now the configuration works just fine.. But I am unable build.
> error message attached as pastebin
> http://pastebin.com/uLAHbPqs

There is actually no error message, only information about which
command failed. Could you post whole output?

Jiří Janoušek (fenryxo) wrote :

src/diorite/config.c: In function ‘diorite_multi_type_hash_map_construct’:
src/diorite/config.c:1457:2: error: too few arguments to function ‘gee_hash_map_construct’
  self = (DioriteMultiTypeHashMap*) gee_hash_map_construct (object_type, G_TYPE_STRING, (GBoxedCopyFunc) g_strdup, g_free, G_TYPE_STRING, (GBoxedCopyFunc) g_strdup, g_free, NULL, NULL, NULL);

There seems to be a backward incompatibility. Note to self: Try to reproduce on Ubuntu Raring with libgee-0.8-2 0.8.6-0ubuntu1.

Changed in nuvola-player:
status: Incomplete → New
importance: Undecided → High
milestone: none → 2.1.0
Sven Frenzel (sven-i) wrote :

so now it's basically wait? :) If I can assist any further, just tell me.

Jiří Janoušek (fenryxo) wrote :

> so now it's basically wait? :) If I can assist any further, just tell
> me.

You can now wait or fix the bug by yourself ;-)

Sven Frenzel (sven-i) wrote :

> You can now wait or fix the bug by yourself ;-)

which is way out of my capabilities :)

Andrew Azores (andrew-azores) wrote :

Arch, x86_64
Openbox
Nuvola 2.0.2

Here is a link to the AUR page for nuvolaplayer where myself and two other users have noted issues with libgee (there was one more commenter who has since removed his comment):

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nuvolaplayer/

As I posted there, under the same username, the libgee06 package sort-of works, but seems to be causing issues, which I have also described on that page. I was also unable to build nuvola using the normal libgee-0.10.1-1 package, as you've been discussing above. I have no idea why the libgee06 package is not working properly however, perhaps it is an unrelated issue that simply arose coincidentally with the libgee breakage.

Here is "pacman -Q | grep gee":
libgee 0.10.1-1
libgee06 0.6.8-1

I have tried with "libgee" installed alongside libgee06 as well as with it removed before installing Nuvola and the behaviour always seems to be the same.

Andrew Azores (andrew-azores) wrote :

Sorry, not under the same username! I am 4z01235 there. I'm so used to using that name everywhere :-P

Andrew Azores (andrew-azores) wrote :

I have removed libgee06 and have downgraded libgee. pacman -Q | grep gee:

libgee 0.6.6-1

Nuvola builds just fine and launches, however I still have the freezing issue. I have observed that "rm -rf ~/.cache/nuvolaplayer" seems to be sufficient to get Nuvola to work again, without removing any other files or setting any of the checkboxes in the initial crash dialog box. Since this is still happening with older versions of libgee I feel that maybe it was indeed a coincidence that this happened with the libgee upgrade.

Here's a pastebin of nuvolaplayer -v -D while it hangs:

http://pastebin.com/e4Ps04Cp

htop shows two Nuvola processes at this time, one of which takes up ~30% CPU and the other takes up ~125%.

Perhaps this should be split into a separate bug report, but I am not sure what is going on here and if it is somehow related to libgee (seems doubtful at this point).

Jiří Janoušek (fenryxo) wrote :

> Perhaps this should be split into a separate bug report, but I am not
> sure what is going on here and if it is somehow related to libgee (seems
> doubtful at this point).

Yes, please create a new bug report for this issue.

Jiří Janoušek (fenryxo) wrote :

Cannot reproduce in trunk branch with libgee-0.8-2 0.8.6-0ubuntu1 on Ubuntu 13.04. Could you download code from a trunk branch...

$ bzr branch lp:nuvola-player
$ cd nuvola-player

... and attach complete output of configuration and build process?

$ python2 ./waf distclean configure --with-gstreamer=1.0 --with-gee=0.8 --no-unity-quick-list
$ python2 ./waf build

Note: You may need to install extra dependencies for Nuvola Player 2.1.0 (e.g. gstreamer 1.0), see file INSTALL for details.

Changed in nuvola-player:
status: New → Incomplete
milestone: 2.1.0 → none
Jiří Janoušek (fenryxo) wrote :

This bug report expired in Nuvola Player, because it is marked incomplete and no response was made in last 31 days. However, you can still provide missing information and set status back to "New" to reopen this bug report.

--
Sent by Primus the Bot on behalf of Jiří Janoušek

Changed in nuvola-player:
status: Incomplete → Expired
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers