OpenStack Compute (Nova)

quantum network manager doesn't accept instance_uuid as a keyword arg

Reported by Matt Dietz on 2012-01-11
14
This bug affects 3 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
OpenStack Compute (nova)
Medium
Trey Morris
neutron
Critical
Trey Morris

Bug Description

See http://paste.openstack.org/show/4253/ and http://paste.openstack.org/show/4254/

The quantum network manager needs to be updated to accept instance_uuid as an argument. This is clearly preventing deletes from finishing using nova, quantum and melange

Thierry Carrez (ttx) on 2012-01-13
Changed in nova:
importance: Undecided → Medium
status: New → Confirmed
dan wendlandt (danwent) wrote :

I ran into this as well. Do we know what changes broke this? Fixing this is probably pretty easy, but we should also be sure to add a unit test to improve coverage.

dan wendlandt (danwent) on 2012-01-16
Changed in quantum:
status: New → Confirmed
importance: Undecided → High
milestone: none → essex-3
dan wendlandt (danwent) on 2012-01-17
Changed in quantum:
importance: High → Critical
Sumit Naiksatam (snaiksat) wrote :

 I am seeing the following error while deleting networks as well, I believe this is the same issue?

2012-01-14 10:57:36,270 ERROR nova.rpc [-] Exception during message handling
(nova.rpc): TRACE: Traceback (most recent call last):
(nova.rpc): TRACE: File "/root/git_src/nova/nova/rpc/impl_kombu.py", line 652, in _process_data
(nova.rpc): TRACE: rval = node_func(context=ctxt, **node_args)
(nova.rpc): TRACE: TypeError: get_instance_nw_info() got an unexpected keyword argument 'instance_uuid'
(nova.rpc): TRACE:
2012-01-14 10:57:36,270 ERROR nova.rpc [-] Returning exception get_instance_nw_info() got an unexpected keyword argument 'instance_uuid' to caller

Yes Sumit. Trey said he has a patch for this and will push it soon.

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Sumit Naiksatam
<email address hidden>wrote:

> I am seeing the following error while deleting networks as well, I
> believe this is the same issue?
>
>
> 2012-01-14 10:57:36,270 ERROR nova.rpc [-] Exception during message
> handling
> (nova.rpc): TRACE: Traceback (most recent call last):
> (nova.rpc): TRACE: File "/root/git_src/nova/nova/rpc/impl_kombu.py",
> line 652, in _process_data
> (nova.rpc): TRACE: rval = node_func(context=ctxt, **node_args)
> (nova.rpc): TRACE: TypeError: get_instance_nw_info() got an unexpected
> keyword argument 'instance_uuid'
> (nova.rpc): TRACE:
> 2012-01-14 10:57:36,270 ERROR nova.rpc [-] Returning exception
> get_instance_nw_info() got an unexpected keyword argument 'instance_uuid'
> to caller
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Netstack
> Core Developers, which is subscribed to quantum.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/914962
>
> Title:
> quantum network manager doesn't accept instance_uuid as a keyword arg
>
> Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):
> Confirmed
> Status in OpenStack Quantum (virtual network service):
> Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> See http://paste.openstack.org/show/4253/ and
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/4254/
>
> The quantum network manager needs to be updated to accept
> instance_uuid as an argument. This is clearly preventing deletes from
> finishing using nova, quantum and melange
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/914962/+subscriptions
>

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dan Wendlandt
Nicira Networks: www.nicira.com
twitter: danwendlandt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dan wendlandt (danwent) on 2012-01-17
Changed in quantum:
assignee: nobody → Isaku Yamahata (yamahata)
dan wendlandt (danwent) on 2012-01-17
Changed in quantum:
assignee: Isaku Yamahata (yamahata) → nobody
assignee: nobody → Trey Morris (tr3buchet)

Fix proposed to branch: master
Review: https://review.openstack.org/3145

Changed in nova:
assignee: nobody → Trey Morris (tr3buchet)
status: Confirmed → In Progress
Trey Morris (tr3buchet) wrote :
Changed in quantum:
status: Confirmed → In Progress

Reviewed: https://review.openstack.org/3145
Committed: http://github.com/openstack/nova/commit/22470ebea059a5ccbb4b00599ac23ba9d04f9ac0
Submitter: Jenkins
Branch: master

commit 22470ebea059a5ccbb4b00599ac23ba9d04f9ac0
Author: Trey Morris <email address hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 18 11:43:20 2012 -0600

    fixes bug lp914962

    Change-Id: I0f432b790ebee3a017f2124619a9ab78421b0eac

Changed in nova:
status: In Progress → Fix Committed
Trey Morris (tr3buchet) on 2012-01-18
Changed in quantum:
status: In Progress → Fix Committed
Thierry Carrez (ttx) on 2012-01-25
Changed in nova:
milestone: none → essex-3
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
Thierry Carrez (ttx) on 2012-01-25
Changed in quantum:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
Thierry Carrez (ttx) on 2012-04-05
Changed in nova:
milestone: essex-3 → 2012.1
Thierry Carrez (ttx) on 2012-04-05
Changed in quantum:
milestone: essex-3 → 2012.1
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers