Problem with Arabic support

Bug #460647 reported by psxws on 2009-10-25
8
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
The Mnemosyne Project
Invalid
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

I'm using Mnenosyne 1.2 on Ubuntu 9.04. Since I'm filling an Arabic vocabulary set, I set the font for the questions to Scheherazade, since I like how it displays the diacritics.

The program displays the Arabic letters with no problems but for some reason it messes up when I input a lam followed by an alif, whether with hamza on top, on bottom, with madda, or by itself. It displays the line broken up or hides half of it. Copy and paste لا to see what I mean.

It might be a problem with the font because it does not occur with others I tried. Still, it worked just fine with Granule which is why I'm wondering what the problem is.

I think it must indeed be a problem with the font, but unfortunately, there is nothing much I can do about it, as font handling is not handled by Mnemosyne itself, but by the Qt3 toolkit. For Mnemosyne2, we switch to Qt4, so hopefully the problem is solved there.

Changed in mnemosyne-proj:
status: New → Invalid
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers