Mousing over library divider on KDE causes waveform 2.0 crash - Latest trunk

Bug #990268 reported by x on 2012-04-28
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Mixxx
Critical
Thomas Vincent

Bug Description

I am currently running the latest trunk of Mixxx on Arch Linux x86_64.

The new waveforms freeze when my mouse moves over the library divider that divides the section listing crates, playlists, etc., and the contents of the selected list. Although the waveforms stop moving, music still plays, and I can scratch by clicking and dragging on the frozen waveforms (note: they do not move).

To get the waves to move again I must go into preferences and either change the skin or waveform display type.

This is my first bug report so if I am missing anything please let me know. Thank you.

summary: - Mousing over library divider causes waveform 2.0 crash
+ Mousing over library divider causes waveform 2.0 crash - Latest trunk
description: updated

Thank for this report.

I am trying to get ride of kde related issues I don't know if I'll be able to install Arch to reproduce the bug.
Installing distro is soooo time consuming.

Can you tell us more about the descktop/composite manager your are running mixxx in ? Is that Gnome 3.x with gnome shell ?

Thomas Vincent (vrince) wrote :

I cannot reproduce it on Ubuntu 11.04 with Gnome shell 3.0.

tags: added: waveform

I am using kde. I tested the issue with both xRender, opengl, and opengl ES
compositing and it was still present. Maybe a kde issue?
On Apr 28, 2012 7:10 PM, "Thomas Vincent" <email address hidden> wrote:

> Thank for this report.
>
> I am trying to get ride of kde related issues I don't know if I'll be able
> to install Arch to reproduce the bug.
> Installing distro is soooo time consuming.
>
> Can you tell us more about the descktop/composite manager your are
> running mixxx in ? Is that Gnome 3.x with gnome shell ?
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/990268
>
> Title:
> Mousing over library divider causes waveform 2.0 crash - Latest trunk
>
> Status in Mixxx:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> I am currently running the latest trunk of Mixxx on Arch Linux x86_64.
>
> The new waveforms freeze when my mouse moves over the library divider
> that divides the section listing crates, playlists, etc., and the
> contents of the selected list. Although the waveforms stop moving,
> music still plays, and I can scratch by clicking and dragging on the
> frozen waveforms (note: they do not move).
>
> To get the waves to move again I must go into preferences and either
> change the skin or waveform display type.
>
> This is my first bug report so if I am missing anything please let me
> know. Thank you.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/990268/+subscriptions
>

I guess it migth be an issue on our side that occurs in kde only ... not really a kde issue :) At least I hope for kde.

RJ Ryan (rryan) on 2012-04-30
Changed in mixxx:
milestone: none → 1.11.0
importance: Undecided → Critical
assignee: nobody → Thomas Vincent (vrince)
Thomas Vincent (vrince) wrote :

I cannot reproduce it with on my laptop with kubuntu.
Kde 4.7.4 - Ubuntu 11.04

Thomas Vincent (vrince) wrote :

Did it appended to any one else ?
Matt can you reproduce it with 11.1 alpha 2 or last trunk ?

I switched from kde over to gnome so I haven't had the issue anyway. I will
check if it still affects me when using kde sometime tomorrow
On May 12, 2012 7:40 PM, "Thomas Vincent" <email address hidden> wrote:

> Did it appended to any one else ?
> Matt can you reproduce it with 11.1 alpha 2 or last trunk ?
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/990268
>
> Title:
> Mousing over library divider causes waveform 2.0 crash - Latest trunk
>
> Status in Mixxx:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> I am currently running the latest trunk of Mixxx on Arch Linux x86_64.
>
> The new waveforms freeze when my mouse moves over the library divider
> that divides the section listing crates, playlists, etc., and the
> contents of the selected list. Although the waveforms stop moving,
> music still plays, and I can scratch by clicking and dragging on the
> frozen waveforms (note: they do not move).
>
> To get the waves to move again I must go into preferences and either
> change the skin or waveform display type.
>
> This is my first bug report so if I am missing anything please let me
> know. Thank you.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/990268/+subscriptions
>

RJ Ryan (rryan) on 2012-05-13
summary: - Mousing over library divider causes waveform 2.0 crash - Latest trunk
+ Mousing over library divider on KDE causes waveform 2.0 crash - Latest
+ trunk
tags: added: kde
RJ Ryan (rryan) on 2012-10-04
Changed in mixxx:
status: New → Triaged
Max Linke (max-linke) on 2013-01-08
Changed in mixxx:
status: Triaged → Incomplete
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers