First channel went out

Bug #736648 reported by Gomez on 2011-03-17
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Mixxx
Critical
RJ Ryan

Bug Description

Mac OSX 10.6.5 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Mixxx 1.9.0

I just upgraded Mixxx and used it last Thursday on my radio show. Half way into the show the first channel went out to where it was only a quarter of the volume and very fuzzy. Almost identical to the sound you sometimes get when a headphone jack isn't plugged in all the way, or when one of your speaker wires starts to come loose.

Tried different songs in channel one, same result.
The second channel worked fine.

I wasn't able to reproduce this after restarting Mixxx, I'm sorry I can't provide any further information. If it happens again I will be sure to report back.

Gomez (pinecone) on 2011-03-17
description: updated
description: updated
RJ Ryan (rryan) wrote :

Thanks for the report, Gomez. Were you using OGG or MP3 streaming?

tags: added: shoutcast
Gomez (pinecone) wrote :

I was playing MP3s off a USB hard drive.
No, I wasn't streaming from mixxx, rather it was going from my computer to a physical mixer, then back into the computer from the mixer, and streaming to justin.tv with 3rd party software (camtwist and QuicktimeBrodcaster).

Are you using external mixer mode? (i.e. routing each deck to one output,
then running those into your mixer?)

Is it possible that it's a hardware issue? (i.e. your cables, or the
mixer?)

Also when you say the channel went out, did you mean one of the entire decks
went out? Or the left/right channel of one of the decks went out?

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Gomez <email address hidden> wrote:

> I was playing MP3s off a USB hard drive.
> No, I wasn't streaming from mixxx, rather it was going from my computer to
> a physical mixer, then back into the computer from the mixer, and streaming
> to justin.tv with 3rd party software (camtwist and QuicktimeBrodcaster).
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to Mixxx.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/736648
>
> Title:
> First channel went out
>

Gomez (pinecone) wrote :

No it wasn't in mixer mode, I just had one cord going from my headphonejack to the mixer, then the mixer back into the microphone jack on the computer. So I think hardware can be ruled out.

Yes an entire deck when out, the first one, it wasn't like left or right channel.

I should also add that I made sure none of the effects were turned on, but it's possible I could have missed something. Even still, I don't think any of the effects would distort the sound to this degree anyways.

RJ Ryan (rryan) wrote :

Gotcha thanks. That's very strange. I've never seen it before, but if you
run into it again please let us know if there's any additional way to
trigger it.

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Gomez <email address hidden> wrote:

> No it wasn't in mixer mode, I just had one cord going from my
> headphonejack to the mixer, then the mixer back into the microphone jack
> on the computer. So I think hardware can be ruled out.
>
> Yes an entire deck when out, the first one, it wasn't like left or right
> channel.
>
> I should also add that I made sure none of the effects were turned on,
> but it's possible I could have missed something. Even still, I don't
> think any of the effects would distort the sound to this degree anyways.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to Mixxx.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/736648
>
> Title:
> First channel went out
>

RJ Ryan (rryan) on 2011-03-20
Changed in mixxx:
status: New → Triaged
assignee: nobody → RJ Ryan (rryan)
tags: removed: shoutcast
RJ Ryan (rryan) on 2011-10-05
tags: added: glitch
Changed in mixxx:
importance: Undecided → Critical

Gomez, did you happen to notice if the VU meter for Deck 1 was also much lower during the incident?

Gomez (pinecone) wrote :

It's been so long now, and I haven't been able to reproduce it, so I really couldn't say, sorrys.

RJ Ryan (rryan) wrote :

Thanks Gomez -- marking incomplete for now. Let's keep an eye out for it coming back.

Changed in mixxx:
status: Triaged → Incomplete
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers