Can't go up a directory level in the Browse view

Reported by mixerdj on 2010-03-23
10
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Mixxx
Undecided
Unassigned
1.7
Medium
Unassigned
1.8
Medium
Unassigned

Bug Description

When a directory is selected under the root directory (\) of a disk and one wants to go back to that root-directory from that sub-directory this isn't possible; no " .. " ( "up directory" ) is displayed so can not be selected

WinXP SP3
Mixxx 1.7.2

mixerdj (henry-vredegoor) wrote :

This should read one can not go back to the top level of browsing, ie. the list of available disks in the system.

RJ Ryan (rryan) on 2010-03-24
Changed in mixxx:
status: New → Confirmed
milestone: none → 1.7.3
RJ Ryan (rryan) wrote :

This also affects 1.8.0, but the browse code is completely different.

Changed in mixxx:
milestone: 1.7.3 → none
summary: - browse error
+ Can't go up a directory level in the Browse view
RJ Ryan (rryan) wrote :

Based on the description, this is fixed in 1.8.0 for POSIX based systems. I'm not sure how this acts in Windows. I don't know how we currently handle showing available disks. If you go '..' from the root of a disk on Windows, do you get the list of disks?

  Hi,

Clarification/extra info:
After startup, if you go to "Browse", there is a liist of folders
(library/Music directory) including a ". .".
If you select ".." you get indeed a list of disks.
If you select however a folder other than ".." and go to this selected
folder there is no ".." in the displayed list of displayed subfolders,
so you can't go back up and are stuck in this sub-folder.

Hope this helps.

On 9/9/2010 9:09 AM, RJ Ryan wrote:
> Based on the description, this is fixed in 1.8.0 for POSIX based
> systems. I'm not sure how this acts in Windows. I don't know how we
> currently handle showing available disks. If you go '..' from the root
> of a disk on Windows, do you get the list of disks?
>
> ** Changed in: mixxx/1.8
> Status: Confirmed => Fix Committed
>

mixerdj (henry-vredegoor) wrote :

  Also after you go to the initial displayed ".." and get the list of
disks and go to one of the disks you can't go back using ".." because
then it is not there anymore either.
It seems like ".." is only there the first time in "Browse"

On 9/9/2010 10:53 AM, Henry Vredegoor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Clarification/extra info:
> After startup, if you go to "Browse", there is a liist of folders
> (library/Music directory) including a ". .".
> If you select ".." you get indeed a list of disks.
> If you select however a folder other than ".." and go to this selected
> folder there is no ".." in the displayed list of displayed subfolders,
> so you can't go back up and are stuck in this sub-folder.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
>
> On 9/9/2010 9:09 AM, RJ Ryan wrote:
>> Based on the description, this is fixed in 1.8.0 for POSIX based
>> systems. I'm not sure how this acts in Windows. I don't know how we
>> currently handle showing available disks. If you go '..' from the root
>> of a disk on Windows, do you get the list of disks?
>>
>> ** Changed in: mixxx/1.8
>> Status: Confirmed => Fix Committed
>>
>

mixerdj (henry-vredegoor) wrote :

  Ooops,

I tested this in 1.8.0 beta 2 under WinXp 32 bit service pack 3.

On 9/9/2010 11:02 AM, Henry Vredegoor wrote:
> Also after you go to the initial displayed ".." and get the list of
> disks and go to one of the disks you can't go back using ".." because
> then it is not there anymore either.
> It seems like ".." is only there the first time in "Browse"
>
>
> On 9/9/2010 10:53 AM, Henry Vredegoor wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Clarification/extra info:
>> After startup, if you go to "Browse", there is a liist of folders
>> (library/Music directory) including a ". .".
>> If you select ".." you get indeed a list of disks.
>> If you select however a folder other than ".." and go to this
>> selected folder there is no ".." in the displayed list of displayed
>> subfolders, so you can't go back up and are stuck in this sub-folder.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>>
>> On 9/9/2010 9:09 AM, RJ Ryan wrote:
>>> Based on the description, this is fixed in 1.8.0 for POSIX based
>>> systems. I'm not sure how this acts in Windows. I don't know how we
>>> currently handle showing available disks. If you go '..' from the root
>>> of a disk on Windows, do you get the list of disks?
>>>
>>> ** Changed in: mixxx/1.8
>>> Status: Confirmed => Fix Committed
>>>
>>
>

RJ Ryan (rryan) on 2010-10-05
Changed in mixxx:
status: Confirmed → Fix Released
mixerdj (henry-vredegoor) wrote :

Not sure about the status of this bug, but:

Re-tested this (= ran into the same problem again) under 1.9.0.Beta1 under Windows XP
Problem is still there on the top level brouwse list of a disk.
No ".." there, you cannot go up to the list of disks.
Pretty frustrating if you have more then one music disks....

WinXP Service pack 3
Mixx 1.9.0.Beta1

RAFFI TEA (raffitea) wrote :

The file browsing is really a showstopper. I plan to completely rewrite it. A feasible schedule for that is Mixxx 1.11 somewhere in June 2011.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers