Mixxx abort on Ubuntu Lucid faad=1 when loading m4a file

Bug #1179043 reported by Daniel Schürmann on 2013-05-11
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Mixxx
Critical
Daniel Schürmann

Bug Description

Lucid comes with libmp4v2-dev 1.1.6dfsg-0.2ubuntu8 which contains /usr/include/mp4.h instead of /usr/include/mp4v2/mp4v2.h in 1.9.1+svn479~dfsg0-3.
The result is an abort due to the missing dependency MP4Read, when loading an mp4 file.

Changed in mixxx:
assignee: nobody → Daniel Schürmann (daschuer)
importance: Undecided → Critical
status: New → In Progress
milestone: none → 1.11.1
Daniel Schürmann (daschuer) wrote :

The attached patch fixes the problem.
It was tested wit Lucid and Precise.

summary: - Mixxx abort on Ubuntu Natty faad=1 when loading m4a file
+ Mixxx abort on Ubuntu Lucid faad=1 when loading m4a file
description: updated

Looks fine to me .. thanks!

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Daniel Schürmann <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> The attached patch fixes the problem.
> It was tested wit Lucid and Precise.
>
> ** Patch added: "m4a_abort.patch"
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1179043/+attachment/3674170/+files/m4a_abort.patch
>
> ** Summary changed:
>
> - Mixxx abort on Ubuntu Natty faad=1 when loading m4a file
> + Mixxx abort on Ubuntu Lucid faad=1 when loading m4a file
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mixxx
> Development Team, which is subscribed to Mixxx.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1179043
>
> Title:
> Mixxx abort on Ubuntu Lucid faad=1 when loading m4a file
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1179043/+subscriptions
>

Well it looks like the patch omits the check for the header completely. The value of have_mp4v2_h is not checked anymore. Does this not break the build if you have the library but not the development headers installed? I guess the build system should check for either mp4v2/mp4v2.h or mp4.h

I do not really understand why this aborts "when loading an mp4 file". It looks like it should already abort at the configure step due to unfulfilled dependencies.

Typically this causes a segfault due to missing symbols when we dynamically
load the SO.

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Stefan Nürnberger
<email address hidden>wrote:

> Well it looks like the patch omits the check for the header completely.
> The value of have_mp4v2_h is not checked anymore. Does this not break
> the build if you have the library but not the development headers
> installed? I guess the build system should check for either
> mp4v2/mp4v2.h or mp4.h
>
> I do not really understand why this aborts "when loading an mp4 file".
> It looks like it should already abort at the configure step due to
> unfulfilled dependencies.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mixxx
> Development Team, which is subscribed to Mixxx.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1179043
>
> Title:
> Mixxx abort on Ubuntu Lucid faad=1 when loading m4a file
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1179043/+subscriptions
>

Daniel Schürmann (daschuer) wrote :

Yes right, it was compiled fine but failed loading the *.so due to missing symbol.

There should be no issues with the different or missing header files because this is checked in features.py.

@Stefan, do you still have issues?

Daniel Schürmann (daschuer) wrote :

Fix Committed to lp:mixx1.11 r3868

Changed in mixxx:
status: In Progress → Fix Committed
RJ Skerry-Ryan (rryan) on 2015-12-31
Changed in mixxx:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers