No such file 'results.dat'

Bug #1800709 reported by Andy Park on 2018-10-30
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
MadGraph5_aMC@NLO
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Hello,

I just started using Madgraph and I ran into an error when I was doing the tutorial. I followed the tutorial and did

   generate p p > t t~
   output MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN
   launch MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN

then I got into an error:

Error when reading /Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/results.dat
Command "generate_events run_01" interrupted with error:
IOError : [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/results.dat'
Please report this bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo
More information is found in '/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/run_01_tag_1_debug.log'.
Please attach this file to your report.

I am using Madgraph5 v2.6.3.2. I have attached my run_01_tag_1_debug.log file.

Best,
Andy Park

Andy Park (cksgur0924) wrote :

Can you also attach the file

/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/run_01.log
(or any log file in that directory if that particular file does not exists)

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 30 Oct 2018, at 20:20, Andy Park <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Public bug reported:
>
> Hello,
>
> I just started using Madgraph and I ran into an error when I was doing the tutorial. I followed the tutorial and did
>
> generate p p > t t~
> output MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN
> launch MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN
>
> then I got into an error:
>
> Error when reading /Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/results.dat
> Command "generate_events run_01" interrupted with error:
> IOError : [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/results.dat'
> Please report this bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo
> More information is found in '/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/run_01_tag_1_debug.log'.
> Please attach this file to your report.
>
> I am using Madgraph5 v2.6.3.2. I have attached my run_01_tag_1_debug.log
> file.
>
> Best,
> Andy Park
>
> ** Affects: mg5amcnlo
> Importance: Undecided
> Status: New
>
> ** Attachment added: "run_01_tag_1_debug.log"
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1800709/+attachment/5207222/+files/run_01_tag_1_debug.log
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to
> MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1800709
>
> Title:
> No such file 'results.dat'
>
> Status in MadGraph5_aMC@NLO:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> Hello,
>
> I just started using Madgraph and I ran into an error when I was doing the tutorial. I followed the tutorial and did
>
> generate p p > t t~
> output MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN
> launch MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN
>
> then I got into an error:
>
> Error when reading /Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/results.dat
> Command "generate_events run_01" interrupted with error:
> IOError : [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/results.dat'
> Please report this bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo
> More information is found in '/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/run_01_tag_1_debug.log'.
> Please attach this file to your report.
>
> I am using Madgraph5 v2.6.3.2. I have attached my
> run_01_tag_1_debug.log file.
>
> Best,
> Andy Park
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+bug/1800709/+subscriptions

Andy Park (cksgur0924) wrote :

Hi Oliver,

I have attached my /Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/run_01.log file.

Best,

Andy Park

Hi,

Did you ask for a run with a pdf set from lhapdf?
It seems to be the case since:
 Error: PDF file NNPDF23_lo_as_0130_qed_mem0.grid not found

the auto-download of lhapdf set is not working right now since the lhapdf website changed recently
and that it is broking the official method to download a PDF set.
Therefore you need to manually install your pdf for the moment. (It is annoying but nothing that we can do)

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 31 Oct 2018, at 17:01, Andy Park <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi Oliver,
>
> I have attached my
> /Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/run_01.log
> file.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy Park
>
> ** Attachment added: "run1_app.log"
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+bug/1800709/+attachment/5207578/+files/run1_app.log
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to
> MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1800709
>
> Title:
> No such file 'results.dat'
>
> Status in MadGraph5_aMC@NLO:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> Hello,
>
> I just started using Madgraph and I ran into an error when I was doing the tutorial. I followed the tutorial and did
>
> generate p p > t t~
> output MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN
> launch MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN
>
> then I got into an error:
>
> Error when reading /Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/results.dat
> Command "generate_events run_01" interrupted with error:
> IOError : [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/results.dat'
> Please report this bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo
> More information is found in '/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/run_01_tag_1_debug.log'.
> Please attach this file to your report.
>
> I am using Madgraph5 v2.6.3.2. I have attached my
> run_01_tag_1_debug.log file.
>
> Best,
> Andy Park
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+bug/1800709/+subscriptions

Andy Park (cksgur0924) wrote :

Hello Olivier,

Since I am new to this, I was wondering if you could tell me how to manually install my pdf.

Best,

Andy Park

Hi Andy,

Please install MG5aMC 2.6.4,
I have put a work-around such that the automatic download of the pdf is working again

Cheers,

Olivier

Changed in mg5amcnlo:
status: New → Fix Released
Andy Park (cksgur0924) wrote :

Hi Olivier,

I have installed Mg5aMC 2.6.4 and installed Delphes, Pythia8, MadAnalysis5 using 2.6.4. I am getting the same error with the message:

Error when reading /Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_4/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/results.dat
Command "generate_events run_01" interrupted with error:
IOError : [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_4/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/results.dat'
Please report this bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo
More information is found in '/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_4/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/run_01_tag_1_debug.log'.
Please attach this file to your report.

when running the exact same script in the tutorial. I have attached my /Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_4/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/run1_app.log file.

Best,
Andy Park

Download full text (3.4 KiB)

Hi Andy,

my bad this seems to be a different issue than the one I was thinking about.
You are actually not using lhapdf but using the default PDF set.

Could you run the following two commands:
ls /Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_4/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN//lib/Pdfdata/
and
ls /Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_4/Template/LO/lib/Pdfdata/

In my case, I have the following file:
[2.6.4]$ ls Template/LO/lib/Pdfdata/
NNPDF23_lo_as_0119_qed_mem0.grid cteq6l.tbl
NNPDF23_lo_as_0130_qed_mem0.grid cteq6l1.tbl
NNPDF23nlo_as_0119_qed_mem0.grid cteq6m.tbl
cteq5l.tbl mrsb.dat
cteq5m.tbl mrse.dat
cteq6d.tbl mrst2002nlo.dat

Which include the file that is reported missing in your case.
If the file is missing, you can add those manually (but it might be interesting to understand why they went missing). If they are there I would need to look how that part of the code search for that file. It might be related to some environment variable which are set in your case to a wrong path.

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 11 Nov 2018, at 22:08, Andy Park <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi Olivier,
>
> I have installed Mg5aMC 2.6.4 and installed Delphes, Pythia8,
> MadAnalysis5 using 2.6.4. I am getting the same error with the message:
>
> Error when reading /Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_4/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/results.dat
> Command "generate_events run_01" interrupted with error:
> IOError : [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_4/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/results.dat'
> Please report this bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo
> More information is found in '/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_4/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/run_01_tag_1_debug.log'.
> Please attach this file to your report.
>
> when running the exact same script in the tutorial. I have attached my
> /Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_4/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/run1_app.log
> file.
>
> Best,
> Andy Park
>
>
> ** Attachment added: "run1_app.log"
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+bug/1800709/+attachment/5211518/+files/run1_app.log
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to
> MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1800709
>
> Title:
> No such file 'results.dat'
>
> Status in MadGraph5_aMC@NLO:
> Fix Released
>
> Bug description:
> Hello,
>
> I just started using Madgraph and I ran into an error when I was doing the tutorial. I followed the tutorial and did
>
> generate p p > t t~
> output MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN
> launch MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN
>
> then I got into an error:
>
> Error when reading /Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/results.dat
> Command "generate_events run_01" interrupted with error:
> IOError : [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/results.dat'
> Please report this bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo
> More information is found in '/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RU...

Read more...

Changed in mg5amcnlo:
status: Fix Released → In Progress
Andy Park (cksgur0924) wrote :

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the quick response. I have run the commands you asked me to run and both of them were missing the files

NNPDF23_lo_as_0119_qed_mem0.grid cteq6l.tbl
NNPDF23_lo_as_0130_qed_mem0.grid cteq6l1.tbl
NNPDF23nlo_as_0119_qed_mem0.grid cteq6m.tbl

as predicted. They both have the following files in them:

cteq5l.tbl cteq6d.tbl cteq6l1.tbl mrsb.dat mrst2002nlo.dat
cteq5m.tbl cteq6l.tbl cteq6m.tbl mrse.dat

How can I add those missing files manually?

Best,
Andy Park

You. can find them here:
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~madteam/mg5amcnlo/series2.0/files/head:/Template/LO/lib/Pdfdata/

Do you have any idea why those files are missing?

Olivier

On 12 Nov 2018, at 00:05, Andy Park <<email address hidden><mailto:<email address hidden>>> wrote:

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the quick response. I have run the commands you asked me to
run and both of them were missing the files

NNPDF23_lo_as_0119_qed_mem0.grid cteq6l.tbl
NNPDF23_lo_as_0130_qed_mem0.grid cteq6l1.tbl
NNPDF23nlo_as_0119_qed_mem0.grid cteq6m.tbl

as predicted. They both have the following files in them:

cteq5l.tbl cteq6d.tbl cteq6l1.tbl mrsb.dat mrst2002nlo.dat
cteq5m.tbl cteq6l.tbl cteq6m.tbl mrse.dat

How can I add those missing files manually?

Best,
Andy Park

--
You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to
MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1800709

Title:
 No such file 'results.dat'

Status in MadGraph5_aMC@NLO:
 In Progress

Bug description:
 Hello,

 I just started using Madgraph and I ran into an error when I was doing the tutorial. I followed the tutorial and did

    generate p p > t t~
    output MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN
    launch MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN

 then I got into an error:

 Error when reading /Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/results.dat
 Command "generate_events run_01" interrupted with error:
 IOError : [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/SubProcesses/P1_gg_ttx/G1/results.dat'
 Please report this bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo
 More information is found in '/Users/andypark/Desktop/Research/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/MY_FIRST_MG5_RUN/run_01_tag_1_debug.log'.
 Please attach this file to your report.

 I am using Madgraph5 v2.6.3.2. I have attached my
 run_01_tag_1_debug.log file.

 Best,
 Andy Park

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+bug/1800709/+subscriptions

Changed in mg5amcnlo:
status: In Progress → Invalid
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers