Thunderbird hangs up when activanting this extension

Bug #918865 reported by Jose Luis Tirado on 2012-01-19
18
This bug affects 3 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Messaging Menu Thunderbird Extension
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

I guess some update caused this error but since a week but thunderbird freezes during start up. I can see one zoombie process:

txelu@txelu-laptop:~$ ps aux | grep thund
txelu 4017 27.4 1.3 225896 55888 ? Sl 20:03 1:02 /usr/lib/thunderbird-9.0/thunderbird-bin
txelu 4120 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? Z 20:05 0:00 [thunderbird-bin] <defunct>

Running thunderbird from the command line I guess these errors:

enigmail.js: Registered components
(thunderbird-bin:4524): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type `DbusmenuMenuitem'
(thunderbird-bin:4524): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `initialization_value != 0' failed
(thunderbird-bin:4524): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_param_spec_object: assertion `g_type_is_a (object_type, G_TYPE_OBJECT)' failed
(thunderbird-bin:4524): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_class_install_property: assertion `G_IS_PARAM_SPEC (pspec)' failed

To make thunderbird run I must enter using -safe-mode and disable this externsion. Then, when I restart thunderbird I get the following traces:

enigmail.js: Registered components
MimeDummy_initialize: class_name=MimeDummy
MimeDummy_parse_begin:
MimeDummy_parse_begin: nchildren=2
MimeDummy_parse_begin: sibling class_name=MimeEncryptedCMS
MimeDummy_parse_begin: sibling superclass_name=MimeEncrypted
MimeDummy_parse_begin: found MimeEncrypted

I have installed:
  - Thunderbird 9.0
  - Messaging Menu Thunderbird 0.8.3
  - EDS Contact Integration 0.3.9
  - Enigmail 1.3.4
  - Global Menu Bar integration 2.0.2
  - Google Contacts 0.6.40
  - Lightning 1.1.1
  - Thuderbird Conversations 2.2.4

Any clues? Thanks in advance

PhoneixS (phoneixsegovia) wrote :

It also happend to me with this console messages:
(thunderbird-bin:6702): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type `DbusmenuMenuitem'
(thunderbird-bin:6702): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `result != 0' failed
(thunderbird-bin:6702): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_param_spec_object: assertion `g_type_is_a (object_type, G_TYPE_OBJECT)' failed
(thunderbird-bin:6702): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_class_install_property: assertion `G_IS_PARAM_SPEC (pspec)' failed

I use Ubuntu 12.04 and Thunderbird 11.0.1 whit extensions:
 - Diccionario de Español/España 1.5
 - United States English Spellchecker 5.0.1

And also, dissabling Messagin Menu and Unity Launcher integration 0.8 solve this problem.

Changed in messagingmenu-extension:
status: New → Confirmed
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers