Command-line script to convert 1.9 "text box" artefacts to 1.10 "text" blocks

Bug #1427898 reported by Aaron Wells on 2015-03-03
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Mahara
Wishlist
Aaron Wells

Bug Description

In Mahara 1.10 we split the old "text box" artefact & block into two blocks: "note", which is backed by a "note" artefact type that retains the full "Text box" functionality, and "text", which is meant to be a dead-simple easy-to-use text displayer.

We also added an admin screen to allow admins to optionally go through and convert all the text boxes that weren't using advanced functionality (attachments, placement in multiple pages) and turn them into "text" blocks.

On a large client site, this was taking so long, that I decided it would be better to turn it into a command-line script. I've open this bug, to upstream that command-line script.

Aaron Wells (u-aaronw) wrote :

To test:

1. Install Mahara 1.9
2. Create some "Text box" blocks, with their underlying artefacts.
3. Make some text box blocks that are used in multiple pages, some with attachments, and some that just contain plain text.
4. Upgrade to Mahara 1.10
5. Run the command-line script.

Reviewed: https://reviews.mahara.org/4349
Committed: http://gitorious.org/mahara/mahara/commit/dba506d471f4f396f104f1e6464a16c10df9d56c
Submitter: Aaron Wells (<email address hidden>)
Branch: master

commit dba506d471f4f396f104f1e6464a16c10df9d56c
Author: Aaron Wells <email address hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 26 16:34:05 2015 +1300

Adding CLI script for textbox-to-text conversion

Bug 1427898

Change-Id: Ic87a374054e140d36c7f667227a41fbdea043139

Changed in mahara:
status: In Progress → Fix Committed
tags: added: nominatedfeature
Robert Lyon (robertl-9) on 2015-04-17
Changed in mahara:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers