Does not display text in menu

Bug #719382 reported by mrokosz on 2011-02-15
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Linux Mint
Expired
Low
Unassigned

Bug Description

I took screenshot dispaying VLC and skype menu to show the problem and attached to this report

mrokosz (mrokosz) wrote :
mrokosz (mrokosz) wrote :

white text on the white background
Michael Rokosz

affects: community.linuxmint.com → linuxmint
Ikey Doherty (ikey) wrote :

Hi, thank you for reporting this issue!
Unfortunately we cannot continue without further information from yourself.
Please tell us:
 * The exact version of Linux Mint you are using
 * The exact steps required to recreate the problem
 * What you expect to happen
 * What actually happened
 * Any evidence to support this behavior being incorrect (comparison screenshot/quote)

Thank you!

Changed in linuxmint:
importance: Undecided → Low
status: New → Incomplete
tags: added: incorrect qt theme

Linux Mint 10 lxde RC;Just open vlc file selection or skype menu options, You will see just icons, no text. I suspect the text ( description) is in color white, so is the background, and it's impossible to see white text on the white background. I sent screenshoots before, so I send them again, look to the attachments. I assume You are developer working for Mint. To make in clear text has to be different color then the background otherwise is invisible. It's the same on my desktop and notebook computer, so it is not a hardware issue. I hope I explain the problem clear, if not contact me again, I hope I hear from You soonMichael Rokosz

> Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 19:24:38 +0000
> From: <email address hidden>
> To: <email address hidden>
> Subject: [Bug 719382] Re: Does not display text in menu
>
> Hi, thank you for reporting this issue!
> Unfortunately we cannot continue without further information from yourself.
> Please tell us:
> * The exact version of Linux Mint you are using
> * The exact steps required to recreate the problem
> * What you expect to happen
> * What actually happened
> * Any evidence to support this behavior being incorrect (comparison screenshot/quote)
>
> Thank you!
>
> ** Changed in: linuxmint
> Importance: Undecided => Low
>
> ** Changed in: linuxmint
> Status: New => Incomplete
>
> ** Tags added: incorrect qt theme
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/719382
>
> Title:
> Does not display text in menu
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/719382/+subscribe

Ikey Doherty (ikey) wrote :

Hi, thank you for your rapid reply! :)
I'm unsure as to why this is a bug, LXDE edition is a GTK-based
distribution. A solution would be perhaps to use "qt4-qtconfig" (which
is in the repositories) to set theme independently. There is also
a gtk integration option, which would perhaps be better.
Please confirm whether this resolves your issue.

mrokosz (mrokosz) wrote :

I guess You did not get it, let me explain this issue again. This is set of screenshoots from linux Mint LDXE 10 RC and Watt OS3, equivalent LXDE edition based on ubuntu 10.10. On the properly looking screenshoots text is black, but I don't care as long as is not white, because background is white. I run Mint software live, uploaded from Your distribution channel on both my computers notebook and desktop. Your distro does not include Skype but VLC is included. I did not touch anything, so it is not the problem of software copilation. If You could run Linux Mint 10 LXDE RC, You should see same thing as I do. So please do verify if You get the same look, at least on VLC included in your software compilation, as I do and let me know if on Your computer the screens look the same as on mine. I am not a developer, I do not fix distribution software, I am just a user, I reported bug because I think anybody can do this. But if for some reasons You do not see same problems on Your computer, please let me know. Michael Rokosz

> Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 22:57:17 +0000
> From: <email address hidden>
> To: <email address hidden>
> Subject: [Bug 719382] Re: Does not display text in menu
>
> Hi, thank you for your rapid reply! :)
> I'm unsure as to why this is a bug, LXDE edition is a GTK-based
> distribution. A solution would be perhaps to use "qt4-qtconfig" (which
> is in the repositories) to set theme independently. There is also
> a gtk integration option, which would perhaps be better.
> Please confirm whether this resolves your issue.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/719382
>
> Title:
> Does not display text in menu
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/719382/+subscribe

mrokosz (mrokosz) wrote :

Unebootin same problem, also white marks on the check-in box are not visible, so it is definitely a bugMichael Rokosz

> Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 22:57:17 +0000
> From: <email address hidden>
> To: <email address hidden>
> Subject: [Bug 719382] Re: Does not display text in menu
>
> Hi, thank you for your rapid reply! :)
> I'm unsure as to why this is a bug, LXDE edition is a GTK-based
> distribution. A solution would be perhaps to use "qt4-qtconfig" (which
> is in the repositories) to set theme independently. There is also
> a gtk integration option, which would perhaps be better.
> Please confirm whether this resolves your issue.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/719382
>
> Title:
> Does not display text in menu
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/719382/+subscribe

description: updated
tags: added: lxde
removed: incorrect qt
tags: added: qt

Hi, same problem here.
Nikhil Sinha, if that's a possible solution, it'd be worth while an explanation to those codes you wrote up here. Thank you!!

Sergio

Hey!! Ikey Doherty solution worked!!!
Thank you, Mister! I installed qt4-qtconfig, then I went to main menu> Preferences> qt4 settings

Selected GTK+ Gui style and now everything is visible. Thankyou!!!!

sERgio

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

[Expired for Linux Mint because there has been no activity for 60 days.]

Changed in linuxmint:
status: Incomplete → Expired
To post a comment you must log in.