origen: tracking-origen build fails to boot up

Bug #972220 reported by Abhishek Paliwal
8
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Linaro Android
Fix Released
High
Unassigned
linaro-landing-team-samsung
Fix Released
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Description:
-----
Bootup fails for tracking Origen build#6. bootup hangs midway and never completes.
https://android-build.linaro.org/builds/~linaro-android/origen-ics-gcc46-samsunglt-tracking-blob/#build=6

Logs: serial log files attached.
-----
Last few lines mentions:
<3>init: untracked pid 2262 exited
[ 8.550000] init: untracked pid 2262 exited
<3>init: untracked pid 2328 exited
[ 12.780000] init: untracked pid 2328 exited
<3>init: untracked pid 2340 exited
[ 17.985000] init: untracked pid 2340 exited

Steps:
-----
1. Download tar balls for https://android-build.linaro.org/builds/~linaro-android/origen-ics-gcc46-samsunglt-tracking-blob/#build=6
2. Create sd card image using l-a-m-c
3. Bootup origen with this sd card image.
Issue: Bootup fails

Revision history for this message
Abhishek Paliwal (abhishek-paliwal) wrote :
Revision history for this message
Sachin Kamat (sachin.kamat) wrote : Re: [Bug 972220] Re: origen: tracking-origen build fails to boot up

3.3-rc6 version of Samsung LT-kernel does not support Android fully as of now.
Please post the logcat output of the same.

On 03/04/2012, Abhishek Paliwal <email address hidden> wrote:
> ** Attachment added: "serial logs"
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/972220/+attachment/2994492/+files/minicom.txt
>
> ** Also affects: linaro-landing-team-samsung
> Importance: Undecided
> Status: New
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Linaro
> Landing Team: Samsung, which is subscribed to linaro-landing-team-
> samsung.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/972220
>
> Title:
> origen: tracking-origen build fails to boot up
>
> Status in Linaro Android:
> New
> Status in Linaro Samsung Landing Team Project:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> Description:
> -----
> Bootup fails for tracking Origen build#6. bootup hangs midway and never
> completes.
>
> https://android-build.linaro.org/builds/~linaro-android/origen-ics-gcc46-samsunglt-tracking-blob/#build=6
>
> Logs: serial log files attached.
> -----
> Last few lines mentions:
> <3>init: untracked pid 2262 exited
> [ 8.550000] init: untracked pid 2262 exited
> <3>init: untracked pid 2328 exited
> [ 12.780000] init: untracked pid 2328 exited
> <3>init: untracked pid 2340 exited
> [ 17.985000] init: untracked pid 2340 exited
>
> Steps:
> -----
> 1. Download tar balls for
> https://android-build.linaro.org/builds/~linaro-android/origen-ics-gcc46-samsunglt-tracking-blob/#build=6
> 2. Create sd card image using l-a-m-c
> 3. Bootup origen with this sd card image.
> Issue: Bootup fails
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+bug/972220/+subscriptions
>

--
With warm regards,
Sachin

Revision history for this message
Abhishek Paliwal (abhishek-paliwal) wrote :
Revision history for this message
Sachin Kamat (sachin.kamat) wrote :

Please enable the following options in the config file to get past the
current problem:

CONFIG_WAKELOCK=y
CONFIG_FB_EARLYSUSPEND=y

On 03/04/2012, Abhishek Paliwal <email address hidden> wrote:
> ** Attachment added: "serial + dmesg + logcat"
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+bug/972220/+attachment/2995197/+files/minicom.txt
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Linaro
> Landing Team: Samsung, which is subscribed to linaro-landing-team-
> samsung.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/972220
>
> Title:
> origen: tracking-origen build fails to boot up
>
> Status in Linaro Android:
> New
> Status in Linaro Samsung Landing Team Project:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> Description:
> -----
> Bootup fails for tracking Origen build#6. bootup hangs midway and never
> completes.
>
> https://android-build.linaro.org/builds/~linaro-android/origen-ics-gcc46-samsunglt-tracking-blob/#build=6
>
> Logs: serial log files attached.
> -----
> Last few lines mentions:
> <3>init: untracked pid 2262 exited
> [ 8.550000] init: untracked pid 2262 exited
> <3>init: untracked pid 2328 exited
> [ 12.780000] init: untracked pid 2328 exited
> <3>init: untracked pid 2340 exited
> [ 17.985000] init: untracked pid 2340 exited
>
> Steps:
> -----
> 1. Download tar balls for
> https://android-build.linaro.org/builds/~linaro-android/origen-ics-gcc46-samsunglt-tracking-blob/#build=6
> 2. Create sd card image using l-a-m-c
> 3. Bootup origen with this sd card image.
> Issue: Bootup fails
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+bug/972220/+subscriptions
>

--
With warm regards,
Sachin

Revision history for this message
Sangwook Lee (sangwook) wrote :

@Abhishek
Which git is this kernel based on ?

On 3 April 2012 09:31, Abhishek Paliwal <email address hidden> wrote:

> ** Attachment added: "serial logs"
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/972220/+attachment/2994492/+files/minicom.txt
>
> ** Also affects: linaro-landing-team-samsung
> Importance: Undecided
> Status: New
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Linaro
> Landing Team: Samsung, which is subscribed to linaro-landing-team-
> samsung.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/972220
>
> Title:
> origen: tracking-origen build fails to boot up
>
> Status in Linaro Android:
> New
> Status in Linaro Samsung Landing Team Project:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> Description:
> -----
> Bootup fails for tracking Origen build#6. bootup hangs midway and never
> completes.
>
> https://android-build.linaro.org/builds/~linaro-android/origen-ics-gcc46-samsunglt-tracking-blob/#build=6
>
> Logs: serial log files attached.
> -----
> Last few lines mentions:
> <3>init: untracked pid 2262 exited
> [ 8.550000] init: untracked pid 2262 exited
> <3>init: untracked pid 2328 exited
> [ 12.780000] init: untracked pid 2328 exited
> <3>init: untracked pid 2340 exited
> [ 17.985000] init: untracked pid 2340 exited
>
> Steps:
> -----
> 1. Download tar balls for
> https://android-build.linaro.org/builds/~linaro-android/origen-ics-gcc46-samsunglt-tracking-blob/#build=6
> 2. Create sd card image using l-a-m-c
> 3. Bootup origen with this sd card image.
> Issue: Bootup fails
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+bug/972220/+subscriptions
>

Revision history for this message
Tushar Behera (tusharbehera) wrote :

Any update w.r.t. latest android-tracking build?

Revision history for this message
Sangwook Lee (sangwook) wrote :

There is no more booting issue from the latest android-tracking of Samsung LT git.

Revision history for this message
Tushar Behera (tusharbehera) wrote :

Bug closed as android-tracking is booting properly now.

Changed in linaro-landing-team-samsung:
status: New → Fix Released
Fathi Boudra (fboudra)
Changed in linaro-android:
assignee: Zach Pfeffer (pfefferz) → nobody
status: New → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers