Can't retarget a blueprint

Bug #320889 reported by Morten Kjeldgaard on 2009-01-24
34
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Launchpad itself
High
Curtis Hovey

Bug Description

I can not manage to retarget a blueprint to another project.

For some reason, a blueprint I created ended up in the "launchpad" namespace. When I attempt to retarget the blueprint to another project (I tried "ubuntu" and "revu") I get the non-sensical error message:

"There is already a blueprint with this name for Launchpad itself. Please change the name of this blueprint and try again."

The system is telling me something that I already know. It's sort of like this:

$ mv foo fee
mv: cannot rename `foo': File already exists

:-)

Ursula Junque (ursinha) wrote :

Hi Morten,

I'm not able to reproduce the problem. I've created a brand new blueprint for launchpad and then retarget that to another project without any problems. Could you please describe the steps you did to hit it?

Thanks!

Changed in launchpad:
status: New → Incomplete
Andrew Fuchs (fuchs.andy) wrote :

I made a blueprint on the 'file-roller' project and tried to retarget it to the 'ubuntu' project. Launchpad attached it to the 'launchpad' project.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/launchpad/+spec/easy-archivehandler-install

I tried to retarget it again, after it was associated with the 'launchpad' project, but it failed telling me that a blueprint with the same name existed on the 'launchpad' project.

Changed in launchpad:
status: Incomplete → Confirmed

I experienced this same issue today when creating and then attempting to re-target:
https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+spec/vanilla-chocolate-chip-session

I created this blueprint on edge. Note also that I am very confident that I set the original target for "ubuntu", so I am not sure why it ended up in launchpad to begin with.

I think I'm experiencing a variant of this same bug. I created https://blueprints.launchpad.net/loco-drupal/+spec/blue-screen-of-life - I tried to target it at "ubuntu", but it's attached itself firmly to "loco-drupal" instead. I've tried retargetting it at a variety of other projects, but get the same error as above.

This is different to bug #309048, because the bug was originally targeted at ubuntu, and sticks with loco-drupal even when retargeted at a project other than ubuntu.

Steps to replicate:

1. Go to: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/loco-drupal/+spec/blue-screen-of-life/+retarget
2. Type "ubuntu" in the input box
3. Press "Retarget Blueprint"

Result: you are sent to a page saying "There is 1 error." and "There is already a blueprint with this name for LoCo Drupal Development. Please change the name of this blueprint and try again.". The text box contains "loco-drupal" instead of "ubuntu".

I used Firebug to examine the POST request sent by Firefox, which shows that Firefox has set "field.target" to "ubuntu", and "field.actions.retarget" to "Retarget Blueprint", so the problem doesn't seem to be client-side.

Leonard Richardson (leonardr) wrote :

Here's another example. The blueprint was presumably filed under ubuntu, it ended up in ubuntu-drupal, and it can't be retargeted.

https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-drupal/+spec/warning-themes-under-sudo

Hi

I have the same problem, when i retarget a blueprint on another project ("openerp" -> "openobject-server") it was send to the earcandy project and no possibility to retarget it.

see the blueprint i was closed and re create to the good project

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/earcandy/+spec/automatic-discover-openerp-server1
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/earcandy/+spec/better-visibility-request-arrival1

Hello,

I got the same problem too:

I was trying to create new blueprint (non-free-dependencies) for project jin, but it was created for project earcandy instead (???).

Now it's impossible to retarget this blueprint, everytime i submit jin as new project it's switching back to earcandy automatically :(

Any ideas please?

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/earcandy/+spec/non-free-dependencies/

Curtis Hovey (sinzui) wrote :

I'm doubtful I will fix this weekend, but I will make an effort to do so. If I cannot have this in review Monday morning, I'll get someone from the foundations team to take this on.

Changed in blueprint:
assignee: nobody → sinzui
importance: Undecided → High
milestone: none → 2.2.3
status: Confirmed → Triaged
Curtis Hovey (sinzui) wrote :

The _filter in the DistributionOrProductVocabulary is BAD. The OR clause to support pillar aliases does not play well with other ADDed conditions. As a result, all pillars with aliases are included in the vocabulary even when they do not match the query term. The getTermByToken() returns the first term that is matched, which in this case is an alias that actually does not match.

The proper fix is to put the entire filter in a parenthetical clause to ensure it behaves as an atomic condition when it is ANDed with another condition

Changed in blueprint:
status: Triaged → In Progress
Curtis Hovey (sinzui) on 2009-04-02
Changed in blueprint:
status: In Progress → Fix Committed
Curtis Hovey (sinzui) wrote :

Fixed released in 2.2.3.1.

Changed in blueprint:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Duplicates of this bug

Other bug subscribers