Page number display in EESchema inconsistent.

Bug #1827981 reported by Chris Elliott
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Fix Released
jean-pierre charras

Bug Description

I've noticed in the stable release of 5.1.2 this display of the page number in the title block is oddly inconsistent. My example is I have a 3 page hierarchical schematic made up of two schematic files. I have the main page, and then two pages pointing to the same file for two different channels. I annotated the schematic with the page number * 100 style. When I first double click on the top hierarchical sheet (Left Channel) the reference designators match, it is page 2 with all the Ref'd in the 200 series. I leave that sheet and double click on the bottom hierarchical sheet (Right Channel) the reference designators are in the 300 series as expected but the page number shows as 2. I leave that sheet and return to the Left Channel and now the page number is 3.

I reported this with screenshots over on the forums here:
Joan_Sparky confirmed that this bug has existed at least since the nightly that was tagged "6.0.0-rc1-dev-1521-g81a0ab4d7" (AFAIK soon after the release of 5, but before 5.1). Please refer to the forum post for more details (inline screenshots are easier over there), and a sample pdf file showing that at least the print function isn't affected by this bug.

I've attached the sample project to this bug report in addition to it being attached to the forum post.

I created the project that I discovered this in by scratch in this release (which is the current stable release):
Application: kicad
Version: (5.1.2)-1, release build
    wxWidgets 3.0.4
    libcurl/7.61.1 OpenSSL/1.1.1 (WinSSL) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.6 libidn2/2.0.5 libpsl/0.20.2 (+libidn2/2.0.5) nghttp2/1.34.0
Platform: Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
    wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
    Boost: 1.68.0
    OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.9.1
    Curl: 7.61.1
    Compiler: GCC 8.2.0 with C++ ABI 1013

Build settings:

Tags: eeschema
Revision history for this message
Chris Elliott (sembazuru) wrote :
tags: added: eeschema
Revision history for this message
KiCad Janitor (kicad-janitor) wrote :

Fixed in revision 2c43d4d6bfce6c7de2d56421cc7a18d13089f5c5

Changed in kicad:
status: New → Fix Committed
assignee: nobody → jean-pierre charras (jp-charras)
Changed in kicad:
milestone: none → 5.1.3
Changed in kicad:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.