Broken tests in utils

Bug #503729 reported by Fernando Perez on 2010-01-06
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
IPython
Fix Committed
High
Fernando Perez

Bug Description

Brian, I need a hand with this one. With my latest trunk-dev branch tests are starting to pass now, but get_security_dir and get_log_dir are gone, and I'm not sure what you replaced them with. If we get these two working, that's another chunk of the test suite that starts to work...

Thanks!

maqroll[scripts]> ./iptest -v IPython.utils
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/foolscap/banana.py:2: DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated
  import struct, sets, time
SS..SSS..EE........................S.S............................................................
======================================================================
ERROR: Testcase to see if we can call get_security_dir without Exceptions.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/nose/case.py", line 183, in runTest
    self.test(*self.arg)
  File "/home/fperez/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/IPython/utils/tests/test_genutils.py", line 241, in test_get_security_dir
    sdir = genutils.get_security_dir()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'get_security_dir'

======================================================================
ERROR: Testcase to see if we can call get_log_dir without Exceptions.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/nose/case.py", line 183, in runTest
    self.test(*self.arg)
  File "/home/fperez/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/IPython/utils/tests/test_genutils.py", line 250, in test_get_log_dir
    sdir = genutils.get_log_dir()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'get_log_dir'

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ran 98 tests in 0.044s

FAILED (SKIP=7, errors=2)

Related branches

Download full text (4.4 KiB)

> Brian, I need a hand with this one.  With my latest trunk-dev branch
> tests are starting to pass now, but get_security_dir and get_log_dir are
> gone, and I'm not sure what you replaced them with.  If we get these two
> working, that's another chunk of the test suite that starts to work...

They are replaced by a lot of smart logic in the startup classes that
manage the cluster directories. While that
smart logic doesn't yet have tests itself, the existing tests should
just be deleted.

Cheers,

Brian

 Thanks!
>
> maqroll[scripts]> ./iptest -v IPython.utils
> /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/foolscap/banana.py:2: DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated
>  import struct, sets, time
> SS..SSS..EE........................S.S............................................................
> ======================================================================
> ERROR: Testcase to see if we can call get_security_dir without Exceptions.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/nose/case.py", line 183, in runTest
>    self.test(*self.arg)
>  File "/home/fperez/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/IPython/utils/tests/test_genutils.py", line 241, in test_get_security_dir
>    sdir = genutils.get_security_dir()
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'get_security_dir'
>
> ======================================================================
> ERROR: Testcase to see if we can call get_log_dir without Exceptions.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/nose/case.py", line 183, in runTest
>    self.test(*self.arg)
>  File "/home/fperez/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/IPython/utils/tests/test_genutils.py", line 250, in test_get_log_dir
>    sdir = genutils.get_log_dir()
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'get_log_dir'
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ran 98 tests in 0.044s
>
> FAILED (SKIP=7, errors=2)
>
> ** Affects: ipython
>     Importance: High
>     Assignee: Brian Granger (ellisonbg)
>         Status: Confirmed
>
> --
> Broken tests in utils
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/503729
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of IPython
> Developers, which is subscribed to IPython.
>
> Status in IPython - Enhanced Interactive Python: Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> Brian, I need a hand with this one.  With my latest trunk-dev branch tests are starting to pass now, but get_security_dir and get_log_dir are gone, and I'm not sure what you replaced them with.  If we get these two working, that's another chunk of the test suite that starts to work...
>
> Thanks!
>
> maqroll[scripts]> ./iptest -v IPython.utils
> /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/foolscap/banana.py:2: DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated
>  import struct, sets, time
> SS..SSS..EE........................S.S............................................................
> ======================================================================
> ERROR: Testcase to see if we can call get_...

Read more...

Fernando Perez (fdo.perez) wrote :

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 6:08 AM, Brian Granger <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> They are replaced by a lot of smart logic in the startup classes that
> manage the cluster directories.  While that
> smart logic doesn't yet have tests itself, the existing tests should
> just be deleted.

Great, thanks. I'll go ahead and do that now then.

Cheers,

f

Fernando Perez (fdo.perez) wrote :

OK, fix committed in my trunk-dev branch. Thanks!

Changed in ipython:
status: Confirmed → Fix Committed
assignee: Brian Granger (ellisonbg) → Fernando Perez (fdo.perez)
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers