Inkscape 0.48 Indonesian (id) translation

Bug #597066 reported by C-quel on 2010-06-22
16
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Inkscape
Low
jazzynico
0.48.x
Low
Waluyo Adi Siswanto

Bug Description

I am sponsoring an effort to complete the Indonesian translation of the Inkscape UI, as well as possibly the manual, tutorials and Windows installer. Attached please find the latest PO file completed by our lead Indonesian translator -- as of 06/21/2010, it currently stands at 499 Fuzzy and 4264 untranslated. Our aim is to finish this by the next release following version 0.48.

Also, please note there may be additional Indonesian translation files from other contributors, we hope this thread can be used to collect and streamline our work in order to provide the most complete translation for Indonesian users.

Thank you.

Related branches

C-quel (c-quel) wrote :
jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

Update committed in revision 9521.
Thanks!

tags: added: translation
Changed in inkscape:
assignee: nobody → JazzyNico (jazzynico)
importance: Undecided → Low
milestone: none → 0.48
status: New → In Progress

No problem.

Actually, I'm very happy to report that the other contributor I had
mentioned is indeed interested in working exclusively on the UI portion, as
well as cross-reviewing the existing id.po file I posted. With the extra
help, I hope to redirect the efforts of my lead translator into translating
the Inkscape tutorial files, since this is essential reading material for
new users.

Either way, I hope we can provide many more updates in the coming weeks.

Thank you.

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 12:24 AM, JazzyNico <email address hidden> wrote:

> Update committed in revision 9521.
> Thanks!
>
> ** Tags added: translation
>
> ** Changed in: inkscape
> Importance: Undecided => Low
>
> ** Changed in: inkscape
> Status: New => In Progress
>
> ** Changed in: inkscape
> Milestone: None => 0.48
>
> ** Changed in: inkscape
> Assignee: (unassigned) => JazzyNico (jazzynico)
>
> --
> Inkscape 0.48 Indonesian (id) translation
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/597066
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in Inkscape: A Vector Drawing Tool: In Progress
>
> Bug description:
> I am sponsoring an effort to complete the Indonesian translation of the
> Inkscape UI, as well as possibly the manual, tutorials and Windows
> installer. Attached please find the latest PO file completed by our lead
> Indonesian translator -- as of 06/21/2010, it currently stands at 499 Fuzzy
> and 4264 untranslated. Our aim is to finish this by the next release
> following version 0.48.
>
> Also, please note there may be additional Indonesian translation files from
> other contributors, we hope this thread can be used to collect and
> streamline our work in order to provide the most complete translation for
> Indonesian users.
>
> Thank you.
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/597066/+subscribe
>

C-quel (c-quel) wrote :

Alright, the first results of our redirection effort.....

My lead translator (I'll call him "BlackClaw" going forward) has drafted a quick translation of the Windows Installer text, which should help in establishing a solid foundation for this translation effort (and hopefully attract further contributions).

Please review the attached file.

Waluyo, the new contributor to the Indonesian translation, will work on id.po exclusively for the time being, and is eager to have the most complete translation of the UI menu and submenu text by this weekend. He will personally post the results to this thread when finished.

Thanks.

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

Hi,
I've renamed the file Indonesian.nsh (in order to stay consistent with the other files) and committed it in bzr revision 9531.
Thanks!

C-quel (c-quel) wrote :

No problem, thank you very much.

No news yet from the translators, but I'm sure there will be more
attachments posted here during the weekend.

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 1:20 PM, JazzyNico <email address hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've renamed the file Indonesian.nsh (in order to stay consistent with the
> other files) and committed it in bzr revision 9531.
> Thanks!
>
> --
>

C-quel (c-quel) wrote :

Hello,

I'm happy to announce the availability of the first tutorial file ("Basic") translated into the Indonesian language. The file should be complete, although I'm currently leaving the Last Translator's entry blank pending confirmation of the email address BlackClaw wishes to use for his contributory work.

He will continue work on the six other remaining tutorial files as time permits, but so far I think the effort is progressing at a pretty good pace.

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

Hi,

po file committed in svn revision 22723.
svg file committed in bzr revision 9538.

Don't forget to update the UI po file:
#: ../src/verbs.cpp:1861
msgid "tutorial-basic.svg"
- msgstr ""
+ msgstr "tutorial-basic.id.svg"

I've created two new files in the svn repo so that you can start translating the tutorials header and footer (_tutorial-footer.id.svg _tutorial-header.id.svg).

Thanks!

Waluyo Adi Siswanto (was-wlk) wrote :

I have reached 31% translated of id.po
I has now covered all main menus and sub-menus as well as the corresponding sub-menus explanations in the status bar.

Please find attached the latest id.po

Regards, Waluyo

Kris (kris-degussem) wrote :

Committed in rev 9539
Thanks

Kris (kris-degussem) wrote :

Please update your po-file according to the the above comment of JazzyNico.
See revision and modify your working po file: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~inkscape.dev/inkscape/trunk/revision/9540

C-quel (c-quel) wrote :

Thank you very much Waluyo!

And just as you said, you got it all done by this weekend. Impressive
progress! :)

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 6:23 AM, Waluyo Adi Siswanto
<email address hidden>wrote:

> I have reached 31% translated of id.po
> I has now covered all main menus and sub-menus as well as the corresponding
> sub-menus explanations in the status bar.
>
> Please find attached the latest id.po
>
> Regards, Waluyo
>
> ** Attachment added: "id.po"
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/50942537/id.po
>
> --
> Inkscape 0.48 Indonesian (id) translation
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/597066
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in Inkscape: A Vector Drawing Tool: In Progress
>
> Bug description:
> I am sponsoring an effort to complete the Indonesian translation of the
> Inkscape UI, as well as possibly the manual, tutorials and Windows
> installer. Attached please find the latest PO file completed by our lead
> Indonesian translator -- as of 06/21/2010, it currently stands at 499 Fuzzy
> and 4264 untranslated. Our aim is to finish this by the next release
> following version 0.48.
>
> Also, please note there may be additional Indonesian translation files from
> other contributors, we hope this thread can be used to collect and
> streamline our work in order to provide the most complete translation for
> Indonesian users.
>
> Thank you.
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/597066/+subscribe
>

C-quel (c-quel) wrote :
  • id.po Edit (600.8 KiB, text/x-gettext-translation; charset=UTF-8; name="id.po")

Hi.

I believe Waluyo meant to update the tutorial section once all seven
tutorials have been translated. Still, for the sake of consistency, here is
his po file with the "tutorial-basic.id.svg" revision to line 19644.

Thank you for letting us know.

--Arturo Silva

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 7:33 AM, Kris <email address hidden> wrote:

> Please update your po-file according to the the above comment of JazzyNico.
> See revision and modify your working po file:
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~inkscape.dev/inkscape/trunk/revision/9540<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Einkscape.dev/inkscape/trunk/revision/9540>
>
> --
> Inkscape 0.48 Indonesian (id) translation
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/597066
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in Inkscape: A Vector Drawing Tool: In Progress
>
> Bug description:
> I am sponsoring an effort to complete the Indonesian translation of the
> Inkscape UI, as well as possibly the manual, tutorials and Windows
> installer. Attached please find the latest PO file completed by our lead
> Indonesian translator -- as of 06/21/2010, it currently stands at 499 Fuzzy
> and 4264 untranslated. Our aim is to finish this by the next release
> following version 0.48.
>
> Also, please note there may be additional Indonesian translation files from
> other contributors, we hope this thread can be used to collect and
> streamline our work in order to provide the most complete translation for
> Indonesian users.
>
> Thank you.
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/597066/+subscribe
>

C-quel (c-quel) wrote :

Hello.

Thank you for creating the header/footer SVGs for the Indonesian
transaiton.

Just to confirm, are the following strings the only thing that need to be
translated...?

"Tutorial"
"Use Ctrl+up arrow to scroll "
"Use Ctrl+down arrow to scroll "

Thanks.

--Arturo Silva

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 1:38 AM, JazzyNico <email address hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> po file committed in svn revision 22723.
> svg file committed in bzr revision 9538.
>
> Don't forget to update the UI po file:
> #: ../src/verbs.cpp:1861
> msgid "tutorial-basic.svg"
> - msgstr ""
> + msgstr "tutorial-basic.id.svg"
>
> I've created two new files in the svn repo so that you can start
> translating the tutorials header and footer (_tutorial-footer.id.svg
> _tutorial-header.id.svg).
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Inkscape 0.48 Indonesian (id) translation
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/597066
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in Inkscape: A Vector Drawing Tool: In Progress
>
> Bug description:
> I am sponsoring an effort to complete the Indonesian translation of the
> Inkscape UI, as well as possibly the manual, tutorials and Windows
> installer. Attached please find the latest PO file completed by our lead
> Indonesian translator -- as of 06/21/2010, it currently stands at 499 Fuzzy
> and 4264 untranslated. Our aim is to finish this by the next release
> following version 0.48.
>
> Also, please note there may be additional Indonesian translation files from
> other contributors, we hope this thread can be used to collect and
> streamline our work in order to provide the most complete translation for
> Indonesian users.
>
> Thank you.
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/597066/+subscribe
>

Waluyo Adi Siswanto (was-wlk) wrote :

Hi Arturo..

Comment for "tutorial-basic.id.svg"
When pointing to menu/submenu, the english version is still in use. I think when a user switches the UI language preference to Bahasa Indonesia, all menus/submenus will be all in Indonesian versions. So if the tutorial pointing to English version, the user could not find it.
Since all translations of the main menus and submenus are all completed, you can use them to be consistent with those in tutorials.

Comments for "indonesia.nsh"
I am suggesting to translate the languages' names, since some of them will be completely different, for example "English" to "Inggris", "Greek" to "Yunani", "Japanese" to "Jepang" and many others.

Regards,
Waluyo

C-quel (c-quel) wrote :

Thank you for the suggestions, Waluyo. :)

Regarding the indonesia.nsh, I think that was simple enough to do even by
myself, although just in case I did pass it by BlackClaw for proofing. If
it clears, I may have an updated "indonesia.nsh"file soon.

Regarding other updates, I'm please to announce the following three quick
file updates enclosed in the attached ZIP file:

==================

1 - the "id.po" for the Basic Tutorial, now with the updated last translator
information. (Per BlackClaw's recommendation, we will use our
project/sponsor translation team name and our mailing list address going
forward.)

2 - a translated "_tutorial-header.id.svg" file

3 - a translated "_tutorial-footer.id.svg" file

==================

If any of these require additional tweaking, please let me know. Thank you.

--Arturo

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM, Waluyo Adi Siswanto
<email address hidden>wrote:

> Hi Arturo..
>
> Comment for "tutorial-basic.id.svg"
> When pointing to menu/submenu, the english version is still in use. I think
> when a user switches the UI language preference to Bahasa Indonesia, all
> menus/submenus will be all in Indonesian versions. So if the tutorial
> pointing to English version, the user could not find it.
> Since all translations of the main menus and submenus are all completed,
> you can use them to be consistent with those in tutorials.
>
> Comments for "indonesia.nsh"
> I am suggesting to translate the languages' names, since some of them will
> be completely different, for example "English" to "Inggris", "Greek" to
> "Yunani", "Japanese" to "Jepang" and many others.
>
> Regards,
> Waluyo
>
> --
>

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

Hi,
The header, footer and updated basic po file are in SVN as of revision 22724.
Thanks!

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

And generated SVG updated in revision 9545.

C-quel (c-quel) wrote :

Perfect, thank you!
Hope the development pace is reasonably exhilirating for you. :)

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 2:33 PM, JazzyNico <email address hidden> wrote:

> And generated SVG updated in revision 9545.
>

C-quel (c-quel) wrote :

I'm pleased to announce the availability of an updated "Indonesian.nsh", now
with translated language names. Thanks to Waluyo for the suggestion and
BlackClaw for the proofing.

Based on my understanding of the language, I believe all of the language
names that explicitly use a country's name should start with "Bahasa...".
But given the commonality of this, as well as the language-centric context
that these words appear in, the "Bahasa..." is implied and thus can be
safely omitted.

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

Hi,
This new installer file is now in bzr (committed in revision 9548).
Thanks!

> ope the development pace is reasonably exhilirating for you. :)
Yes ;) Congrats for your team hard work!

Waluyo Adi Siswanto (was-wlk) wrote :

Attached is the latest id.po translation. Please commit

Regards,
Waluyo

C-quel (c-quel) wrote :

Thank you JazzyNico and Waluyo. :)

I also have something to post today, which is BlackClaw's translation of the Shapes tutorial.

Enjoy!

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

UI po file committed in bzr revision 9591.
Tutorial in progress.
Thanks!

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

Shape tutorial committed in svn revision 22729 (po file) and bzr revision 9592 (svg).
Thanks!

Waluyo Adi Siswanto (was-wlk) wrote :

Dear Developer
Please find attached the latest id.po
Regards, Waluyo

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

Hi,
Update committed in revision 9604.
Thanks!

jazzynico (jazzynico) on 2010-07-13
Changed in inkscape:
status: In Progress → Fix Committed
C-quel (c-quel) wrote :

Hello all,

It's been a while since since we've posted a translation file, but I'm
happy to report that BlackClaw is finished with the Advanced tutorial.
 There's not that many more tutorials left and id.po already has the
most pertinent items translated, so I think we're almost nearing the
point where our goal will be reached.

Many thanks to the translators for all their efforts!

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

Hi,

Source file committed in the doc trunk (revision 22736).
SVG file committed in the trunk (revision 9695) and the 0.48.x branch (revision 9646)

Congrats for all the great work!

C-quel (c-quel) wrote :

Thank you. :)

Oh, and today I'm happy to announce that BlackClaw has finished with the Tracing tutorial translation!

Just as a quick recap on the tutorial side...

Our initiative has churned out translations for Basic, Advanced, Shapes and Tracing tutorials. That should leave only Calligraphy, Elements and Tips remaining. :)

helix84 (helix84) wrote :

Commited to doc-docbook in r22740. Someone still needs to create the SVGs, my system doesn't do it correctly.

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

In progress.
It's too late for 0.48. I'll commit it in the 0.48.x branch (and the trunk) but it won't be released before 0.48.1.

C-quel (c-quel) wrote :

Hello,

Can you confirm what you mean by the SVGs? I thought we translated
the SVG headers and footers a while ago.

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 3:52 AM, helix84 <email address hidden> wrote:
> Commited to doc-docbook in r22740. Someone still needs to create the
> SVGs, my system doesn't do it correctly.
>
> --
> Inkscape 0.48 Indonesian (id) translation
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/597066
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in Inkscape: A Vector Drawing Tool: Fix Committed
>

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

> Can you confirm what you mean by the SVGs?

The SVG generated from your PO file. I'm currently running a script that converts the PO, header and footer files into a SVG which will be installed with Inkscape. Don't worry, you've done all you had to do ;)

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

Update committed in the trunk (revision 9717) and the 0.48.x branch (revision 9655).
Thanks!

C-quel (c-quel) wrote :

Thank you again, JazzyNIco. :)

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 2:06 PM, JazzyNico <email address hidden> wrote:
> ** Branch linked: lp:inkscape/0.48.x
>
> --
> Inkscape 0.48 Indonesian (id) translation
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/597066
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in Inkscape: A Vector Drawing Tool: Fix Committed
>
> Bug description:
> I am sponsoring an effort to complete the Indonesian translation of the Inkscape UI, as well as possibly the manual, tutorials and Windows installer.  Attached please find the latest PO file completed by our lead Indonesian translator -- as of 06/21/2010, it currently stands at 499 Fuzzy and 4264 untranslated.  Our aim is to finish this by the next release following version 0.48.
>
> Also, please note there may be additional Indonesian translation files from other contributors, we hope this thread can be used to collect and streamline our work in order to provide the most complete translation for Indonesian users.
>
> Thank you.
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/597066/+subscribe
>

jazzynico (jazzynico) on 2010-08-24
Changed in inkscape:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
C-quel (c-quel) wrote :

Two things....

First, I want to announce that the Calligraphy tutorial is now ready. (see
attached)
Blackclaw will be on a well-deserved leave for a while, but will return to
complete the remaining tutorials. Either way, thanks in part to his
efforts, the Indonesian translation now ranks much more respectably in this
chart.. :)

http://mfloryan.statnet.pl/inkscape/

And secondly, thanks to the Inkscape developer team for releasing 0.48, and
for having the fruits of our labor present in this release! To celebrate
the occasion, I'm contributing a nice sum to the Inkscape Fund and will of
course continue my efforts to promote Inkscape among my peers and clients.

May this free and open source project continue to reach proud new heights of
quality and innovation! :D

(and there will certainly be more than enough room for that come the time to
tackle Animation...)

--Arturo

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

Hi Arturo,

Thanks for this new tutorial translation!
The po file is now on our new doc trunk (https://code.launchpad.net/inkscape-docs, revision 379), and the generated svg files are in the inkscape trunk (revision 9726) and in the 0.48.x branch (revision 9661).

0.48 is now out, but you can still work on the 0.48.x branch to improve the existing translations (UI and tutorials) before jumping to the trunk files and translate the string changes for 0.49. In this case, please use the po file located in "http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~inkscape.dev/inkscape/RELEASE_0_48_BRANCH/annotate/head%3A/po/id.po". The trunk po file will be updated with the 0.49 new and modified strings, and thus backporting it to 0.48.1 could be a bit difficult.

Whatever you choose to do, could you please create a new report for the 0.48.1 release? This one is marked "Fix released" and can be considered closed.

Again, congratulation for this great work! Your team has really done a lot in a very short amount of time.

C-quel (c-quel) wrote :

Hello,

I see, so that's what that email regarding Launchpad was about. Sorry if I
didn't quite understand that was meant for all of us.

Okay, I'll set up a new report in the coming days. Thanks!

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 2:20 AM, JazzyNico <email address hidden>wrote:

> Hi Arturo,
>
> Thanks for this new tutorial translation!
> The po file is now on our new doc trunk (
> https://code.launchpad.net/inkscape-docs, revision 379), and the generated
> svg files are in the inkscape trunk (revision 9726) and in the 0.48.x branch
> (revision 9661).
>
> 0.48 is now out, but you can still work on the 0.48.x branch to improve
> the existing translations (UI and tutorials) before jumping to the trunk
> files and translate the string changes for 0.49. In this case, please
> use the po file located in
> "
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~inkscape.dev/inkscape/RELEASE_0_48_BRANCH/annotate/head%3A/po/id.po<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Einkscape.dev/inkscape/RELEASE_0_48_BRANCH/annotate/head%3A/po/id.po>
> ".
> The trunk po file will be updated with the 0.49 new and modified
> strings, and thus backporting it to 0.48.1 could be a bit difficult.
>
> Whatever you choose to do, could you please create a new report for the
> 0.48.1 release? This one is marked "Fix released" and can be considered
> closed.
>
> Again, congratulation for this great work! Your team has really done a
> lot in a very short amount of time.
>
> --
> Inkscape 0.48 Indonesian (id) translation
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/597066
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in Inkscape: A Vector Drawing Tool: Fix Released
>
> Bug description:
> I am sponsoring an effort to complete the Indonesian translation of the
> Inkscape UI, as well as possibly the manual, tutorials and Windows
> installer. Attached please find the latest PO file completed by our lead
> Indonesian translator -- as of 06/21/2010, it currently stands at 499 Fuzzy
> and 4264 untranslated. Our aim is to finish this by the next release
> following version 0.48.
>
> Also, please note there may be additional Indonesian translation files from
> other contributors, we hope this thread can be used to collect and
> streamline our work in order to provide the most complete translation for
> Indonesian users.
>
> Thank you.
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/597066/+subscribe
>

Waluyo Adi Siswanto (was-wlk) wrote :

Could you please update id.po (attached)

Waluyo Adi Siswanto (was-wlk) wrote :

Could you please update id.po (attached)

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

Hello,

Are you sure this translation is for the 0.48.x branch? There are things about gcodetools which were added in the trunk only.
Could you please confirm that you're updating the trunk and not the branch?
Thanks!

Waluyo Adi Siswanto (was-wlk) wrote :

Opps, yes you are correct. that was for trunk. Could you commit in for trunk?

I will update the branch (the last update for id.po is revision 9604) could you please inform me if this this the last revision of id.po.

Regards, waluyo

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

I've created a new report for 0.49 (trunk) translations (Bug #703786, https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/703786).
The first attachment (and now committed) is a copy of the last posted here.

Regards.

Waluyo Adi Siswanto (was-wlk) wrote :

Please find attached the updated id.po for 0.48.x branch.
For the trunk I will use the link that you have created.

Regards, waluyo

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

Update committed revision 9758.
Thanks!

Waluyo Adi Siswanto (was-wlk) wrote :

updae id.po for 0.48x

jazzynico (jazzynico) wrote :

Update committed in the branch, revision 9761.
Thanks!

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Duplicates of this bug

Other bug subscribers