"Object to path" or "Stroke to path" leads to the creation of many duplicate nodes

Bug #1759577 reported by Zhart on 2018-03-28
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Inkscape
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Ubuntu 16.04, Inkscape O.92.2 from stable ppa: https://launchpad.net/~inkscape.dev/+archive/ubuntu/stable

After both "Object to path" and "Stroke to path" operations a bunch of duplicate nodes appears. The problem can be clearly seen on the attached screenshots (duplicate nodes visually look smaller).

Simplification partially reduces the number of duplicate nodes, but does not completely remove them.
«removeredundant» extension also does not solve the problem (nothing changes).

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Zhart (zhart) wrote :
Hachmann (marenhachmann) wrote :

Just a side note:
I think this is a known issue, but don't have time for research right now. Can you have a look?
And we're on 0.92.3 now in the stable ppa (which doesn't change the problem, though - but you might like to update).

Zhart (zhart) wrote :

> Can you have a look?

Before creating the bug, I was looking for a solution for a long time, but I didn't find it.

> And we're on 0.92.3 now in the stable ppa

I just updated, thanks.

> which doesn't change the problem

Yes, unfortunately, 0.92.3 has exactly the same problem.

Zhart (zhart) wrote :

By the way, the problem can be partially solved by pressing Ctrl++ (Path → Union) with selected problem path, but again it's not always completely remove all overlapped nodes. Also the execution of this operation for each particular path is very time-consuming when there is big amount of paths in the image.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers