Errornous simplified SVG

Bug #1369998 reported by Zsolt Sandor on 2014-09-16
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Inkscape
Undecided
Eduard Braun
Scour
Undecided
Eduard Braun

Bug Description

The SVG file was created originally with Inkscape. I wanted to export it using save->simplified XML. Inkscape generated an errornous svg from this file.

Zsolt Sandor (zsolt-sandor) wrote :
Zsolt Sandor (zsolt-sandor) wrote :

This was the original file, multiple problems happens during export...

Alvin Penner (apenner) wrote :

could you indicate which OS you are on, and which version of Inkscape?
On Windows 7, Inkscape rev 0.48.5 r10040 I cannot reproduce the problem.
The options I have there are Save As Plain SVG, and Save As Optimized SVG. Both appear to work normally.

Hello,

windows 7, latest inkscape downloaded from the website. I can tell you more
tomorrow.

Zsolti

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 9:10 PM, Alvin Penner <email address hidden> wrote:

> could you indicate which OS you are on, and which version of Inkscape?
> On Windows 7, Inkscape rev 0.48.5 r10040 I cannot reproduce the problem.
> The options I have there are Save As Plain SVG, and Save As Optimized SVG.
> Both appear to work normally.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1369998
>
> Title:
> Errornous simplified SVG
>
> Status in Inkscape: A Vector Drawing Tool:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> The SVG file was created originally with Inkscape. I wanted to export
> it using save->simplified XML. Inkscape generated an errornous svg
> from this file.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1369998/+subscriptions
>

Zsolt Sandor (zsolt-sandor) wrote :

Hello,

i could reproduce it on my home computer, too...

Windows 7, Inkscape 0.48.5 r10040

- Open the second svg file
- File->Save as
- Select optimized SVG

Simplifiy colors,
Style to xml
Group collapsing
Enable id stripping
Strip xml prolog

is set

Press ok

Open the newly created svg..

Attached the resoult svg file

Alvin Penner (apenner) wrote :

- reproduced on Windows 7, Inkscape 0.48.5. The triangle portion of the A letter is misplaced.
- not reproduced on Windows XP, recent trunk revision 13549. However the options available in this output have been significantly rearranged and redefined in trunk, so I'm not sure how to duplicate the original settings you were using.

Zsolt Sandor (zsolt-sandor) wrote :

Is there a windows installer available from recent trunk so i can try it
out?
2014.09.16. 23:16 ezt írta ("Alvin Penner" <email address hidden>):

> - reproduced on Windows 7, Inkscape 0.48.5. The triangle portion of the A
> letter is misplaced.
> - not reproduced on Windows XP, recent trunk revision 13549. However the
> options available in this output have been significantly rearranged and
> redefined in trunk, so I'm not sure how to duplicate the original settings
> you were using.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1369998
>
> Title:
> Errornous simplified SVG
>
> Status in Inkscape: A Vector Drawing Tool:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> The SVG file was created originally with Inkscape. I wanted to export
> it using save->simplified XML. Inkscape generated an errornous svg
> from this file.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1369998/+subscriptions
>

Zsolt Sandor (zsolt-sandor) wrote :

Also, can you please reproduce the same issue with the svg posted in #2.

This was the bigger file i started to work with, and it has at least 3 different problems:

- The inside triangle of A is moved to the right
- The arrow has like an additional stroke (if i go to stroke and click to none, it disappears)
- The path on the right side also gets wrong

Zsolt Sandor (zsolt-sandor) wrote :

Tried out with Inkscape 0.91pre2, and it seems to work perfectly.

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 6:40 AM, Zsolt Sandor <email address hidden>
wrote:

> Is there a windows installer available from recent trunk so i can try it
> out?
> 2014.09.16. 23:16 ezt írta ("Alvin Penner" <email address hidden>):
>
> - reproduced on Windows 7, Inkscape 0.48.5. The triangle portion of the A
>> letter is misplaced.
>> - not reproduced on Windows XP, recent trunk revision 13549. However the
>> options available in this output have been significantly rearranged and
>> redefined in trunk, so I'm not sure how to duplicate the original settings
>> you were using.
>>
>> --
>> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
>> report.
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1369998
>>
>> Title:
>> Errornous simplified SVG
>>
>> Status in Inkscape: A Vector Drawing Tool:
>> New
>>
>> Bug description:
>> The SVG file was created originally with Inkscape. I wanted to export
>> it using save->simplified XML. Inkscape generated an errornous svg
>> from this file.
>>
>> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1369998/+subscriptions
>>
>

Zsolt Sandor (zsolt-sandor) wrote :

Just checked with inkscape 0.91pre2

The stroke to the arrow is added, the arrow is wider than original.

Zsolt Sandor (zsolt-sandor) wrote :

This is the result, still wrong...

Alvin Penner (apenner) wrote :

for the file ai_sort_date_asc_e.svg, I can confirm that there is a problem with the conversion of the vertical arrow in the drawing.
It looks as if the stroke width of the arrow has been misinterpreted (too large).

The original drawing had the property stroke:none set for this arrow. The simplified output does not use this property. If I manually copy and paste the stroke:none property into the simplified drawing, then the discrepancy seems to be removed.

Changed in inkscape:
status: New → Confirmed
su_v (suv-lp) on 2015-08-08
tags: added: extensions-plugins saving
Eduard Braun (eduard-braun2) wrote :

Fixed in scour 0.35 [1]

See copy of this bug on GitHub for details
https://github.com/scour-project/scour/issues/93

[1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/scour

Changed in inkscape:
status: Confirmed → Fix Committed
Changed in scour:
status: New → Fix Released
Changed in inkscape:
assignee: nobody → Eduard Braun (eduard-braun2)
Changed in scour:
assignee: nobody → Eduard Braun (eduard-braun2)
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.