trunk: hang (crash in gdb) on quit after live-previewing color-effect based extensions
Steps to reproduce:
1) launch current trunk (from gdb) with default preferences
2) open 'cars.svgz' from the examples directory installed with inkscape
3) open 'Extensions > Color > Randomize…'
4) toggle 'Live Preview' on and off twice
5) close extensions dialog
Inkscape either hangs (after notifying about a crash on the console), or crashes right away (usually if launched from gdb).
Tests with archived builds:
- not reproduced with r11965 and earlier revisions
- reproduced with r11973 and later revisions
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 (i386), r11973 and later revisions
- OS X 10.7.4 (64bit), r11973 and later revisions
- Ubuntu 12.10 (64bit VM), r12063
Any attempts to narrow down what kind of SVG structure (layers, objects in root, object types) and/or style attributes (gradients, filter effects) triggers the crash have failed so far. The generated backtraces also slightly differ (possibly based on timing i.e. on how much time spent between the different "clicks").
Same issue was reported by vlada on #irc (AFAIK on Ubuntu 12.10, custom SVG files not publicly available).
|Changed in inkscape:|
|milestone:||0.49 → none|
|status:||Incomplete → Fix Released|