hplip installer unable to pass Superuser password with Ubuntu based Distro

Bug #1819295 reported by Maxime Haselbauer on 2019-03-09
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
HPLIP
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

I a using KDE Neon. It is ubuntu 18.04 based
continue installation ? yes
mode: custom
Distro 7 (Ubuntu)
Version 15 (Bionic)
Options
Network/Jet: yes
Qt4: no
Qt5: yes
PC Send Fax support yes
Scanning support yes
Hplip documentation yes

I am stuck with (yes I am sure of the password)
ENTER ROOT/SUPERUSER PASSWORD
-----------------------------
Please enter the root/superuser password:
error: Password incorrect. 2 attempt(s) left.
Please enter the root/superuser password:
error: Password incorrect. 1 attempt(s) left.
Please enter the root/superuser password:
error: Password incorrect.
error: 3 incorrect attempts. (or) Insufficient permissions(i.e. try with sudo user).
Exiting.

brian_p (claremont102) wrote :

Possibly the same origin as Debian Bug#825383

 https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=825383

This gives a workaround. Does it work for you?

--
Brian.

brian_p (claremont102) wrote :

Don't worry about answering; its's not that important to me and apparently you have no interest in responding.

--
Brian.

I have installed a former version via Ubuntu. Package repos.
I understand some, disappointment from your tone. Bare in mind I am not
paid to make test of hplip that could be automated at HP. This issue caused
me already few hours of time loss so give me a bit of time ;)

brian_p <email address hidden> schrieb am Mo., 11. März 2019, 21:30:

> Don't worry about answering; its's not that important to me and
> apparently you have no interest in responding.
>
> --
> Brian.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1819295
>
> Title:
> hplip installer unable to pass Superuser password with Ubuntu based
> Distro
>
> Status in HPLIP:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> I a using KDE Neon. It is ubuntu 18.04 based
> continue installation ? yes
> mode: custom
> Distro 7 (Ubuntu)
> Version 15 (Bionic)
> Options
> Network/Jet: yes
> Qt4: no
> Qt5: yes
> PC Send Fax support yes
> Scanning support yes
> Hplip documentation yes
>
> I am stuck with (yes I am sure of the password)
> ENTER ROOT/SUPERUSER PASSWORD
> -----------------------------
> Please enter the root/superuser password:
> error: Password incorrect. 2 attempt(s) left.
> Please enter the root/superuser password:
> error: Password incorrect. 1 attempt(s) left.
> Please enter the root/superuser password:
> error: Password incorrect.
> error: 3 incorrect attempts. (or) Insufficient permissions(i.e. try with
> sudo user).
> Exiting.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/hplip/+bug/1819295/+subscriptions
>

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.