Translations for Brazilian Portuguese must be canceled or, at least, changed or reviewed

Bug #1658462 reported by Dedeco on 2017-01-22
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
gtk-recordmydesktop
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Today, using the program, I saw a wrong and very strange message. Since I have an account here, I decided to use it to fix this small problem.

Small problem fixed. It is the item #45 in Brazilian Portuguese.

What was wrong in this item:

- the use of a word that does not exist where a technical term is used (translating "encoded" as "encodado", which is an absurd thing to do; the correct translation is "codificado", as used in Portuguese pt translation)

- the absence of a comma where it *must be* used

- the use of a word with a different meaning compared with the original message

- wrong use of capital letters (using them where there is no reason for them to exist)

At least all the translations in this project, by the user who wrote this translation, W. L., must be canceled or reviewed.

The best choice, in my opinion, is to copy the Portuguese pt for all these items, and review them some time after that. The differences between the two Portuguese are not important, most of the time. An argument to clearly show this, is: Wikipedia only has one Portuguese language for both variations; edits that only change these details there are not welcome. For this project, eventual items that should be different for both will be easily fixed, and will not be errors, like the ones I fixed today.

Dedeco (dedeco) wrote :
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Bug attachments