messy codes on displaying chinese characters

Bug #597145 reported by Yestin on 2010-06-22
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Gephi
Confirmed
Medium
Mathieu Bastian
0.7
Confirmed
Medium
Mathieu Bastian

Bug Description

I am doing my email import module and I found a problem while displaying chinese characters.

For example, I generate a random graph, and the label of nodes is "null" while displaying. After I edit the label attribute, and change "null" to a certain chinese character. messy codes appear on the display view.

Yestin (duyi001) wrote :
Changed in gephi:
milestone: none → 0.7alpha4
Changed in gephi:
importance: Undecided → Medium
assignee: nobody → Mathieu Bastian (mathieu.bastian)

I noticed that it works if you select another font. Apparently the default Arial Font is not unicode.

After reading the Java FAQ (http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/core/basic/intl/faq.jsp#font-selection) we may select Dialog for instance as a default Font.

Changed in gephi:
status: New → Confirmed
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Bug attachments