Report templates cloned from those created on XUL client causing error or producing different results

Bug #1796945 reported by tji@sitka.bclibraries.ca on 2018-10-09
28
This bug affects 6 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Evergreen
Medium
Unassigned

Bug Description

This is related to fix in bug 1642344.

We deployed the fix and started to see issues.

Cloning process seems fine. Without updating anything the template can be saved.

When running reports from the cloned templates, there were errors complaining of either lacking field in Group By or missing From clause.

When cloning the templates, removing then putting back the complained fields solved the issue (report can run).

Some cloned templates seem working fine. But the results do not match those generated from the XUL templates.

It seems the issue is related to how the tables are joined. On the report interface, I do not see join type on templates cloned from XUL templates. But if I replace a field, I see join type. When I create a template from scratch I see the join type when choosing a field from a linked table.

tji@sitka.bclibraries.ca (tji) wrote :

Attached are two examples templates in 3 states: before being clone, cloned without editing, cloned with replaced fields from linked tables (following the same path).

tji@sitka.bclibraries.ca (tji) wrote :

another example

Anna Goben (agoben) wrote :

I can confirm we're seeing the same problems with any join that wasn't an INNER for cloned templates.

Kathy Lussier (klussier) on 2018-10-25
Changed in evergreen:
status: New → Confirmed
importance: Undecided → Medium
Remington Steed (rjs7) on 2018-12-13
tags: added: reports
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers