webstaff - do not translate username and workstation in navbar

Bug #1710991 reported by Ben Shum
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Fix Released

Bug Description

Evergreen master

Discovered during troubleshooting in bug 1629078, we found that the username @ workstation is being translated from the web staff client's navbar, but this causes problems with rendering the content since it expects it to be variables, not an actual translated value.

In this file -- Open-ILS/src/templates/staff/navbar.tt2 , around line 447

 [% l('{{username}} @ {{workstation}}') %]

If we remove the l() localization for translation and leave it just regular variables, the web client renders the menus correctly when translating to other languages.

Branch forthcoming.

Ben Shum (bshum)
Changed in evergreen:
milestone: none → 3.0-alpha
importance: Undecided → Medium
status: New → Confirmed
summary: - webstaff - do not translate username and workstation
+ webstaff - do not translate username and workstation in navbar
Revision history for this message
Ben Shum (bshum) wrote :

Working branch: user/bshum/lp1710991-fix


Removing the localization from the template fixes the problem. The next POT sync will remove the string from the templates for translation.

Unsure if it should be styled in any special way, or if we need any other tweaks for this fix. But it was the quickest solution.

Galen Charlton (gmc)
tags: added: pullrequest
Changed in evergreen:
assignee: nobody → Galen Charlton (gmc)
Revision history for this message
Galen Charlton (gmc) wrote :

Tested and pushed to master. Thanks, Ben!

Changed in evergreen:
status: Confirmed → Fix Committed
assignee: Galen Charlton (gmc) → nobody
Changed in evergreen:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers