web client: view holds screen automatically highlights patron barcode column

Bug #1707063 reported by Kathy Lussier on 2017-07-27
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Evergreen
Low
Unassigned
3.0
Low
Unassigned

Bug Description

Version: recent master

I do not see this on the MassLNC demo server running 2.12.3. I will check again after 2.12.4 is released to see if a bug-fix patch merged since .3 is the cause.

When I retrieve a bib record and click the View Holds tab, the patron barcode column header is highlighted in green, as if I had made a recent modification to that column. See the attached screenshot. This green highlighting comes from a div with the eg-grid-column-last-mod class.

I cleared my local settings to verify that the highlighting wasn't a result of some sticky setting.

Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :
Changed in evergreen:
milestone: 3.0-alpha → none
Andrea Neiman (aneiman) wrote :

Confirmed, seeing the green highlight in 3.0 beta.

Changed in evergreen:
status: New → Confirmed
Mike Rylander (mrylander) wrote :

Here's a fix for the general problem causing this specific grid malfunction:

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/user/miker/lp-1707063-grid-last-mod-column

From the commit message:

Instead of comparing a (potentially undefined) property of a column, we'll just compare the column object directly when checking to see if a column header should be highlighted for "last touched in editing mode."

tags: added: pullrequest
Cesar V (cesardv) wrote :
Michele Morgan (mmorgan) on 2018-05-08
tags: added: signedoff
Kathy Lussier (klussier) on 2018-05-25
Changed in evergreen:
assignee: nobody → Kathy Lussier (klussier)
Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

Thank you Mike and Cesar. It may seem like a small thing, but this bug was driving me crazy every time I saw it. I confirmed that the patch fixes the issue for both the record holds interface, where it was originally discovered, Metabib Fields interface, where I had also encountered the problem.

I added a release notes entry and merged the patch to master, release 3.1, and release 3.0.

Changed in evergreen:
assignee: Kathy Lussier (klussier) → nobody
milestone: none → 3.1.2
status: Confirmed → Fix Committed
Changed in evergreen:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers