webclient: Find Originating Acquisition missing from Actions menu

Bug #1705497 reported by Christine Morgan on 2017-07-20
50
This bug affects 11 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Evergreen
High
Unassigned
3.1
High
Unassigned
3.2
High
Unassigned

Bug Description

The "Find Originating Acquisition" option, which is under the "Actions for Selected Items" menu in the XUL client (see screenshot), is missing from the item summary Actions menu in the Web Client. We use this feature frequently to quickly find the line item associated with a copy.

Christine Morgan (cmorgan-z) wrote :
Kathy Lussier (klussier) on 2017-09-27
Changed in evergreen:
status: New → Confirmed
importance: Undecided → Medium
Mary Llewellyn (mllewell) wrote :

I find it very useful in the XUL client and think it is important to include in the web client.

Tiffany Little (tslittle) wrote :

I use this quite a bit, and definitely think it's important to have in the web client.

Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

I'm bumping the status of this bug up to high because this is a feature of the xul client that was frequently used and is no longer available to users. As far as I can tell, there is no workaround to get this information in the client.

We didn't want to add the webstaffblocker tag to it because it truly wouldn't keep us from adopting the new client. But it is something that will be sorely missed.

Changed in evergreen:
importance: Medium → High
tags: added: usability
Jennifer Pringle (jpringle-u) wrote :

Thanks for bumping this to high Kathy. We're definitely missing this function and have also been unable to find a workaround for this in the web client (currently running 3.1.4).

Andrea Neiman (aneiman) wrote :

Noting that this is on our list as something to pick up as part of Angular Acq, if it hasn't been addressed before then.

Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

Thanks Andrea! That's good to know, but I really, really hope it is resolved before then. It seems like a long time to wait for something that I'm guessing wouldn't take much time for a knowledgeable person to add.

Mary Llewellyn (mllewell) wrote :

That's good news. I hope it's in place before we move to the web client, probably late next year.

Jeff Davis (jdavis-sitka) wrote :

As a starting point for any developer who has time to implement this (not me!), here's what "Find Originating Acquisition" does in the XUL client:

1. Call open-ils.acq.lineitem.retrieve.by_copy_id.authoritative to get the relevant lineitem.
2. Open acq/po/view/$purchaseOrderId/$lineItemId in a new tab.

See Open-ILS/xul/staff_client/server/circ/util.js around line 3987.

Adam Bowling (abowling) on 2019-02-28
Changed in evergreen:
assignee: nobody → Adam Bowling (abowling)
Adam Bowling (abowling) wrote :

Option added in "Actions -> Find -> Originating Acquisition" on /eg/staff/cat/item/x

Tiffany Little (tslittle) wrote :

Adam,

A couple of things after testing.

The menu option only appears on the Detail View of Item Status. It should appear in the List view as well.

I would be fine with having it under the 'Show' heading, rather than creating a new heading for it. Personal preference, just to minimize menu changes, and I think it fits there. Maybe Show->Originating Acquisition?

I also am not sure that the search is working correctly--when I search for a barcode that I know is attached to a purchase order, I get the "There is no corresponding purchase order for this item." (I really like the error message, by the way!)

Adam Bowling (abowling) wrote :

Tiffany,

Would it be possible to send me a barcode for one (or two) know acquisition items to test in next, including the one that didn't locat?

Adam Bowling (abowling) wrote :

*locate?

Tiffany Little (tslittle) wrote :

Absolutely! I'll email you several of them, Adam.

Adam Bowling (abowling) wrote :

Thanks!

Adam Bowling (abowling) wrote :

Temporary breakdown in noticing IDs on my part. Try this one. I believe it works as expected, and I've added the functionality to the list, as well.

https://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=commit;h=147d6de1796ae1e889c4571cd3ab40c01cf555a5

Tiffany Little (tslittle) wrote :

With the updated code, this seems to be working for me! Very exciting.

Is there anyone else out there that could test this as well? I'm happy to sign off on it, but want someone else's eyes in case there's something I've missed before doing so.

Michele Morgan (mmorgan) on 2019-03-07
Changed in evergreen:
milestone: none → 3.3-rc
no longer affects: evergreen/3.3
Christine Morgan (cmorgan-z) wrote :

Tiffany,
I tested this on our 3.2.4 test system with production data. It worked beautifully. Testing from both the Item View or the List View, the correct line item was located every time.

Thanks so much for doing this Adam!

Tiffany Little (tslittle) wrote :

Great, thanks so much Christine! And thank you, Adam! This has been much anticipated. :)

I have tested this code and consent to signing off on it with my name, Tiffany Little, and my email address, <email address hidden>.

tags: added: signedoff
Chris Sharp (chrissharp123) wrote :

Pushed to master and rel_3_2. Thanks, Adam, Christine, Tiffany and others who commented on the thread!

Changed in evergreen:
status: Confirmed → Fix Committed
Changed in evergreen:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
Changed in evergreen:
assignee: Adam Bowling (abowling) → nobody
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers