Patron batch edit functionality

Bug #1689608 reported by Mike Rylander on 2017-05-09
12
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Evergreen
Wishlist
Unassigned

Bug Description

Equinox has developed functionality to allow batch editing of user records via buckets. The full design details are available at http://yeti.esilibrary.com/dev/pub/batch-patron-edit.html and the development was funded by PaILS.

Branch forthcoming...

Changed in evergreen:
importance: Undecided → Wishlist
Galen Charlton (gmc) wrote :

A couple related bugs now that we need to make open-ils.qstore stop being zombie code:

* bug 1077212
* bug 1691560

Galen Charlton (gmc) wrote :

And for those wanting to test, the changes required to get open-ils.qstore working in a stock system are:

- ensure that the DB credentials in the <open-ils.qstore> section of opensrf.xml are correct
- add open-ils.qstore to the <activeapps> list in opensrf.xml
- restart services

Ben Holt (ben.holt) on 2017-07-12
Changed in evergreen:
assignee: nobody → Ben Holt (ben.holt)
Blake GH (bmagic) wrote :

Mike,
I am getting merge conflicts that I don't feel comfortable resolving against master. Would I be able to ask for a rebase? egProgressDialog was added to master after your effort.

Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

Thanks Mike!

Blake, I'll grab this one for a MassLNC Sandbox.

Kathy

Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

Hi Mike,

I'm having trouble with this branch. When I load it on a clean master system and no other branches loaded, some schema is missing when the database is created (action, reporter, rating). My script also typically loads Concerto data as part of the eg_db_config command, but I have nothing in biblio.record_entry aside from my precat bib.

Kathy

Mike Rylander (mrylander) wrote :

Kathy,

When you say you loaded it onto a master system, do you mean you used the upgrade script against an existing database, or that you cherry-picked the commit onto a new master branch? If the latter, the current branch is rebased to very recent master, so that shouldn't be necessary...

Can you capture the error that starts the failure? It looks like there is a problem with the container or action schema files, but I'm not seeing anything strange looking at the code.

Also, I've force-pushed an update as the upgrade script needed to be adjusted WRT the permission id -- that was one of the baseline schema conflicts, and I hadn't touched the upgrade.

Thanks!

Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

Hi Mike,

I'm using a script that merges the branch to current master and then builds a new Evergreen system - no upgrade scripts are used.

I've since rebuilt that VM, so I no longer have the log to see what started the failure. I'll see if I can free up a VM today to try again.

Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

The first sign of trouble appears to be this:

CREATE TRIGGER
psql:090.schema.action.sql:771: ERROR: type "next" does not exist
LINE 3: name NEXT NOT NULL,

If that's not it, let me know. I can also post the entire log from the build.

Thanks Mike!

Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

Heh, actually, I see the problem. I'll post a branch with a commit to change NEXT to TEXT.

Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

Confirming that the Sandbox is much happier now. I'll hand it over to Ben for testing.

Ben Holt (ben.holt) wrote :

Excellent, thanks everyone.

Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

Actually, I lied. There's still a problem with the branch. The database seems all good now, but I'm getting warnings for two failed karma unit tests when I'm building the web client.. ✗ patronSvc should start with empty lists and ✗ patronSvc reset should clear data are the two tests that failed. I used the --force option to continue building the web client, and everything looks okay. I don't know if it will affect Ben's testing or if it's just a problem with the unit test itself.

Mike Rylander (mrylander) wrote :

DOH! Thanks, Kathy. Not sure how I managed that typo... I thought I copied from the upgrade script into the baseline, but I obviously did more than that. Or, we could blame a random bit-flip from cosmic rays. :)

I'll see if I can figure out what's up with the tests.

Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

Force-pushed an update to the above branch with a fix miker suggested for the karma tests.

Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

Confirming that all karma tests are passing again.

Changed in evergreen:
assignee: Ben Holt (ben.holt) → nobody
Scott Thomas (scott-thomas-9) wrote :

I have tested this code and consent to signing off on it.

Scott Thomas
Pennsylvania Integrated Library System
<email address hidden>

Andrea Neiman (aneiman) on 2017-08-28
tags: added: signedoff
Galen Charlton (gmc) on 2017-08-28
Changed in evergreen:
status: New → Confirmed
assignee: nobody → Galen Charlton (gmc)
Galen Charlton (gmc) wrote :

Pushed to master. Thanks, Mike and Scott!

Changed in evergreen:
status: Confirmed → Fix Committed
Galen Charlton (gmc) on 2017-08-28
Changed in evergreen:
assignee: Galen Charlton (gmc) → nobody
Changed in evergreen:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers