New Search Formats not returning any results

Bug #1679281 reported by Robert Soulliere
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone

Bug Description

Evergreen version: 2.12

When adding a new Search Format or cloning an exiting Search Format in the Coded Value Maps, the new search format does not return results in OPAC searches.


Cloned the "All Music" search format and named it "All Music 2"

When searching using the preset "All Music", search format results are returned as expected. When using the newly created "All Music 2" search format, 0 results are returned using the same search terms in the OPAC even though the Composite Definition is exactly the same for both search formats.

The Problem occurs with brand new coded value maps as well as cloned coded value maps.

Tags: search
Revision history for this message
Dan Scott (denials) wrote :

If you reingest the bib records that you would expect to see in the search results, do they subsequently turn up?

tags: added: search
Revision history for this message
Christopher Burton (cburton) wrote :

I have a similar issue on Webby 3.1.5.

Adding a new Search Format or OPAC Format Icon is not working as one would hope.
After adding the terms in the MARC Coded Value Maps, the icon only seems to appear after making a change to a MARC record.

We have been adding multiple collections and each time we have to modify every MARC record associated to get it to show. I have tried:

Restarting OSRF services
Restarting Apache
Restarting memcached
Reingesting the record

None of which update the Format. Only after making a change to a MARC will it 'appear'.
I say 'appear' because the Format Icon is a blank () for a few days before it actually realizes what to put there.

I made one for our Playwaways and the Format Icon was blank for about a week and a half before showing the data. Even my support contractor had no idea why. It seems like these changes should have a way to be visible after being created.

Revision history for this message
Christopher Burton (cburton) wrote :

A full re-ingest using allowed my new formats to appear.

I was using a single injest method when in reality, all the methods needed to run on the record.

Webby 3.1.5 works

Changed in evergreen:
status: New → Incomplete
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.