Need more metarecord groups in sample dataset

Bug #1665626 reported by Kathy Lussier on 2017-02-17
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone

Bug Description

With the addition of bug 1553287, we broke up the two metarecord groups that were part of the sample data. Subsequently,, which depended on one of the metarecord groups started failing.

We need to:
- add new records to the sample dataset that are part of the same metarecord group
- point the test to those new records

Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

Adding a note that Rogan volunteered in IRC to take on the first test. Thanks Rogan!

Changed in evergreen:
milestone: none → 2.12-beta
Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

Thank you Rogan! I've signed off on your commit and added a new commit to point the test to the new metarecord group.

tags: added: pullrequest
Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

I'm holding off on merging this code for now.

We're finding that the addition of any records to the test dataset is breaking our perl live tests. While I was able to fix the test in an earlier version of the above branch, the addition of new records to the dataset is shifting the data in a way that breaks a whole slew of live tests.

The tests originally broke earlier this evening after I merged Jeff's code from bug 1541559, which added some sample ebook records to the test dataset. Before we add even more records to the dataset, I think we need to see if there is a way we can add these records (and change the way we added Jeff's records) in a way that doesn't shift the data. Otherwise, we're going to be left cleaning up a lot of perl live tests.

Rogan Hamby (rogan-hamby) wrote :

Looking at this and what happened with 1541559 it looks like bshum managed to get it to work by forcing the order as shown at :;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/user/bshum/move-test-ebook-bibs

If that's the direction we want to go I'll break these (and a few more I grabbed this AM) into a metagroups bib file for insertion below the ebooks. Long term this seem awkward to me though.

Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

Thanks Rogan! Since I didn't document any of this last night, I just need to add add a a note that the new commit mentioned in comment #3 has been removed from the branch. Until we are able to load the ebook and metarecord bib records in a way that isn't breaking the tests, I won't be able to fix the test because I won't know which new IDs will be required to make the test happy.

Rogan Hamby (rogan-hamby) wrote :

I stole from Kathy's branch and added in a few more bibs.

Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

I've moved the bib and assets loading to the same place Ben moved ebook records in bug 1541559. I'm still testing to see if this works and, if successful, will post a branch shortly.

Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

New working branch at;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/user/kmlussier/lp1665626-fix-metarecord-test-rebase. This branch should add metarecord records without breaking tests. Thanks Rogan for helping me get these records into the dataset!

Ben Shum (bshum) wrote :

Tested the completed branch and all perl tests and pgtaps tests pass. Pushed to master for happy times. Thanks Rogan and Kathy!

Changed in evergreen:
status: New → Fix Committed
importance: Undecided → Medium
Changed in evergreen:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers