Force "Include inactive patrons?" on patron reg duplicate search

Bug #1576435 reported by Jeff Davis on 2016-04-28
14
This bug affects 3 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Evergreen
Medium
Unassigned
2.10
Medium
Unassigned
2.11
Medium
Unassigned

Bug Description

Evergreen 2.9+

Per bug 1217052, duplicate patron checking in the patron registration interface now includes inactive patrons. However, in the XUL client, if you click on the link "Found X patron(s) with the same name," the resulting patron search does not always include inactive patrons by default; instead, the value of the "Include inactive patrons?" checkbox is cached from your last patron search, as usual. To avoid confusion, inactive patrons should always be included when arriving at a patron search via that link.

I am unsure if a similar issue exists in the web client.

Jeff Davis (jdavis-sitka) wrote :

I've pushed a fix for the XUL client to branch user/jeffdavis/lp1576435-dupe-patron-search-inactive-checkbox in the working repo:

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=commitdiff;h=81f6caa

To test:

1. Do a patron search with the "Include inactive patrons?" box unchecked. This will ensure that it defaults to unchecked for your next patron search.

2. Create two patron accounts with the same first given name and family name. Mark one of these accounts as inactive.

3. Begin registering a third patron with the same first given name and family name. After entering those names, a link should appear in the registration interface saying "Found 2 patron(s) with the same name." Click that link.

4. Clicking the link opens up a new tab with a patron search. The "Include inactive patrons?" box will be unchecked, and the search results will include only one of your test accounts; the inactive account will not appear.

5. Apply this patch on the server and clear the cache in your staff client.

6. Open a new tab in the staff client and begin registering another patron, once again using the same first given name and family name. Again, you should get a duplicate patron link. Click it.

7. In the resulting patron search, the "Include inactive patrons?" box should automatically be checked, and results should include your inactive test patron.

tags: added: pullrequest
Changed in evergreen:
assignee: nobody → Jeff Davis (jdavis-sitka)
Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

I just did a quick test, and this appears to be an issue in the web client too.

Changed in evergreen:
status: New → Confirmed
importance: Undecided → Medium
milestone: none → 2.next
Changed in evergreen:
assignee: Jeff Davis (jdavis-sitka) → nobody
Changed in evergreen:
assignee: nobody → Terran McCanna (tmccanna)
Jeff Davis (jdavis-sitka) wrote :

I've pushed a second commit to my working branch, adding the same functionality to the web client:

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=commitdiff;h=ee1a036

I am pretty new to web client dev and don't have a test server running the web client at the moment, so this piece definitely needs more testing!

Terran McCanna (tmccanna) wrote :

Hi Jeff,

Your fix to the xul client works like a charm, but it's not quite there in the web client. It now retrieves the correct number of matches, but the link that it creates to display the matches doesn't have the correct syntax and breaks the search result (see attached screenshot).

Here is the link that it is generating:

http://sb1.missourievergreen.org/eg/staff/circ/patron/search?search={%22first_given_name%22:{%22value%22:%22leon%22,%22group%22:0},%22family_name%22:{%22value%22:%22anderson%22,%22group%22:0}}&inactive=1

If I remove the '&inactive=1' from the end of the URL, the search works, but doesn't show the inactive patrons. My best guess is that the inactive value should be set in the dupe_patron_search service in web/js/ui/default/staff/circ/patron/regctl.js but I'm not sure of the correct syntax.

Terran

Terran McCanna (tmccanna) wrote :

screenshot showing the broken search

Terran McCanna (tmccanna) wrote :

I'd be happy to sign off on the xul client fix, but thinking it might be better to wait until the web client is fixed too?

Changed in evergreen:
assignee: Terran McCanna (tmccanna) → nobody
no longer affects: evergreen/2.9
Bill Erickson (berick) wrote :

Looking at the webstaff side now.

Changed in evergreen:
assignee: nobody → Bill Erickson (berick)
Bill Erickson (berick) wrote :
Changed in evergreen:
assignee: Bill Erickson (berick) → nobody
tags: added: webstaffclient
Changed in evergreen:
milestone: 2.next → 2.12-rc
Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

Works for me. Pushed to master, release 2.11 and release 2.10. Thank you Jeff, Bill and Terran!

Changed in evergreen:
status: Confirmed → Fix Committed
Changed in evergreen:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers