KPAC - hold results screen not showing title

Bug #1548869 reported by Terran McCanna on 2016-02-23
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Evergreen
Low
Unassigned
2.8
Low
Unassigned
2.9
Low
Unassigned

Bug Description

The getit_results page in the KPAC isn't displaying the item title either for a successful or unsuccessful hold placement (see attached screenshots).

Upon investigation, the EGKPacLoader.pm file appears to be running both the load_getit_results subroutine and then the load_getit subroutine due to a path matching conflict. Reversing the order of the logic appears to solve the problem, I'll submit a patch shortly.

Evergreen 2.9.1

Terran McCanna (tmccanna) wrote :
tags: added: kpac
Terran McCanna (tmccanna) wrote :
Terran McCanna (tmccanna) wrote :

I have prepared a patch for this that is ready to be tested at:

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=commit;h=9c813c27dfdea29ab6b7298cc51e57c3184231c2

Attached screenshots show working results on our test server.

Terran McCanna (tmccanna) wrote :
Mike Rylander (mrylander) wrote :

Terran,

The perl-side change looks fine, but I'm curious why you changed all the strings in the template, including removing some information previously presented to the user. IMO the second hunk of your patch may be better as a separate LP ticket and branch, especially if you want this backported to earlier than master where we go out of our way to avoid changing strings and breaking existing translations.

Thanks!

Terran McCanna (tmccanna) wrote :

I'm sorry, I accidentally included some changes that I didn't intend to!

I removed some things (like the list name when adding an item to a bookbag) because they weren't working - however, I think I see how to fix that problem. Let me rework a few things and I'll re-submit.

Terran McCanna (tmccanna) wrote :

I have corrected the template changes I had inadvertently included the first time (except for one variable name typo, which I have corrected here), and I tweaked the perl mod a little more because my initial change didn't resolve all of the problems. Please disregard my first attempt at correcting the issues, here is the new one:

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=commit;h=f4506f4a8dc7800466fa0c1c0b340af4ded5abab

For testing, a user should log in to the KPAC and perform the following actions:

1. Place a successful hold (results screen should show item title and pickup library, and provide links back to record page).
2. Place an unsuccessful hold (try placing a hold on an item you already have a hold on - the results screen should show the item title).
3. Add item to a temporary list (results screen should show item title).
4. Add item to a named list (results screen should show item title and title of list it was added to).

tags: added: pullrequest
Changed in evergreen:
assignee: nobody → Jennifer Pringle (jpringle-u)
Jennifer Pringle (jpringle-u) wrote :

I have tested this code and consent to signing off on it with my name, Jennifer Pringle and email address, <email address hidden>.

tags: added: signedoff
Changed in evergreen:
assignee: Jennifer Pringle (jpringle-u) → nobody
Galen Charlton (gmc) on 2016-03-04
Changed in evergreen:
status: New → Confirmed
importance: Undecided → Low
milestone: none → 2.10-rc
Galen Charlton (gmc) wrote :

Pushed all the way to rel_2_8. Thanks, Terran!

Changed in evergreen:
status: Confirmed → Fix Committed
Changed in evergreen:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers