reporting source for copy/hold ratio at pickup library and descendants

Bug #1516022 reported by Galen Charlton on 2015-11-13
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone

Bug Description

It would be convenient to have a reporting source that, calculated the hold/copy ratio at an organization unit and all of its descendants. Such a source would be like "Hold/Copy Ratio per Bib and Pickup Library", but wouldn't be restricted to counting copies and holds just at the specified pickup location.

One use case is allowing a multi-branch system within a Evergreen consortium that doesn't do full resource sharing to readily calculate whether additional copies should be purchased for that system.

Galen Charlton (gmc) wrote :

Two patches are available at the tip of the user/gmcharlt/lp1516022_new_hold_copy_ratio_reporting_source branch in the working/Evergreen repository:;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/user/gmcharlt/lp1516022_new_hold_copy_ratio_reporting_source

tags: added: pullrequest
Changed in evergreen:
assignee: nobody → Josh Stompro (u-launchpad-stompro-org)

I'm testing this against master, I found one copy/paste issue with the pickup lib field. It was renamed to pickup_lib_or_desc but the link entry wasn't renamed. This causes the ability to access the org_unit data elements to be missing from the reporter interface.

<field reporter:label="Pickup Library" name="pickup_lib_or_desc" reporter:datatype="org_unit"/>
<link field="pickup_lib" reltype="has_a" key="id" map="" class="aou"/>

I'll try fixing that in my signoff branch.


I tested this on a 2.8.4 system with an old copy of our production data. Seems to work pretty good. Some of the Active hold count and active copy count numbers are off slightly in some cases when I double check the results against what I can see in the catalog.

I'm assuming this is because some of those counts are cached, or based off of hold copy map numbers that may not be up to date in our test system, which has old data in it with very little activity. I'll look more if/when I get it running on our production system. The numbers seem close enough though, only off by one or two in most cases.

It took me a while to find that there are two copies of fm_IDL.xml, I didn't know about the /openils/var/web/reports/fm_IDL.xml copy. Testing went much smoother after that.

Signoff Branch at


tags: added: signedoff
Changed in evergreen:
assignee: Josh Stompro (u-launchpad-stompro-org) → nobody
Mike Rylander (mrylander) wrote :

Merged to master for 2.10, having been tested in production for some time. Thanks, Galen and Josh!

Changed in evergreen:
milestone: none → 2.10-beta
status: New → Fix Committed
Changed in evergreen:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers