"Safe" is no longer needed as a separate CPAN package

Bug #1444623 reported by Chris Sharp on 2015-04-15
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Evergreen
Medium
Unassigned
2.7
Undecided
Unassigned
2.8
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Reference the discussion at http://irc.evergreen-ils.org/evergreen/2015-04-15#i_170386 for full context. "Safe" is included in the core perl distribution, so it isn't necessary to install it via CPAN.

Chris Sharp (chrissharp123) wrote :
Changed in evergreen:
status: New → Confirmed
importance: Undecided → Medium
assignee: nobody → Chris Sharp (chrissharp123)
milestone: none → 2.next
tags: added: pullrequest
Jason Stephenson (jstephenson) wrote :

I have tested the changes with fresh VMs on Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04. It all works there, including A/T Events, which is apparently where the Safe module is used in Evergreen.

It would be good to have some one look at this on Debian Wheezy before we push it to master.

Changed in evergreen:
assignee: Chris Sharp (chrissharp123) → nobody

https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/all/perl-modules/filelist shows Safe.pm is included in wheezy, is that enough of a confirmation for Wheezy?

Jason Stephenson (jstephenson) wrote :

I was really looking for someone to apply the branch, build on wheezy, and see that everything still works. Specifically, you'd want to make sure an event that creates and A/T entry still creates one and that a/t runner still works.

I am also willing to sign off on the branch as-is and push it, if others are OK with that. I imagine that if it works on Ubuntu, it should still work on wheezy, but knowing is better than assuming.

Galen Charlton (gmc) wrote :

I've grabbed this for the purpose of testing on Wheezy. Mostly likely it's fine, but I'm not going to pass up Jason's invitation for more testing. :) I'll respond substantive by Monday.

Changed in evergreen:
assignee: nobody → Galen Charlton (gmc)

Jason, I removed the cpan version of Safe.pm on a 2.7.4 Debian Wheezy install, recompiled and installed, started services and email notices still work for me.

Josh

Ben Shum (bshum) wrote :

Pushed to master, rel_2_8, and rel_2_7 based on the testing feedback by all involved. Cheers and thanks!

Changed in evergreen:
milestone: 2.next → 2.9-alpha
status: Confirmed → Fix Committed
assignee: Galen Charlton (gmc) → nobody
Changed in evergreen:
milestone: 2.9-alpha → 2.9-beta
Changed in evergreen:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers