Action Trigger Event Params Field Mislabeled

Bug #1395842 reported by Josh Stompro
8
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Evergreen
Low
Unassigned
2.6
Undecided
Unassigned
2.7
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

When editing Action Trigger event parameters I noticed that the id field is labeled as "Event ID" instead of what it should be: "Parameter ID". I found it odd because I knew the event id of the event def that I was working on , and that wasn't it. Screenshot attached.

This is just a cosmetic bug, low priority.

Evergreen: 2.7.1

Revision history for this message
Josh Stompro (u-launchpad-stompro-org) wrote :
Kathy Lussier (klussier)
Changed in evergreen:
status: New → Triaged
importance: Undecided → Low
Revision history for this message
Josh Stompro (u-launchpad-stompro-org) wrote :

Here is a branch with a fix for this issue along with another field label that was incorrect.

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/user/stompro/lp1395842_at_gui_fields_fix

Let me know if changing field labels isn't as easy as this.
Thanks
Josh

tags: added: pullrequest
Revision history for this message
Galen Charlton (gmc) wrote :

It is actually that easy. I've got a quibble about the patch, however: the convention is to use "Foo Bar" as the label for link fields, not "Foo Bar ID".

Would you mind tweaking your patch to just change set the labels for "parameter ID" and "environment ID"?

tags: removed: pullrequest
Changed in evergreen:
status: Triaged → Confirmed
Revision history for this message
Josh Stompro (u-launchpad-stompro-org) wrote :

Thanks for the suggestion Galen. I pushed a new commit with the link fields labeled correctly. I noticed that there are ~60 other link fields that have the ID suffix. Should those be fixed also, or would changing those mess up existing report templates?
Josh

tags: added: pullrequest
Galen Charlton (gmc)
Changed in evergreen:
milestone: none → 2.8-beta
Revision history for this message
Galen Charlton (gmc) wrote :

Thanks. I've pushed a squash of the two patches to master, rel_2_7, and rel_2_6.

As far as your question is concerned, it looks like the convention isn't quite as broad as I had thought. My inclination would be to remove "ID" from the label of some or all of the "link" fields, as in AutoGrid-based UIs, many (though not all) of such fields would have a drop-down or autocomplete widget in place to select the desired record to link to.

However, I could certainly see opinions varying on this, so feel free to continue pulling on the string if you feel so inclined and ask around.

Changed in evergreen:
status: Confirmed → Fix Committed
Changed in evergreen:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers