Item Status Alternate View Screen Needs Call Number Prefix and Call Number Suffix Fields

Bug #1296926 reported by Erica Rohlfs
16
This bug affects 3 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Evergreen
Won't Fix
Medium
Unassigned

Bug Description

Evergreen Version 2.5.3b

Thanks to Bill Thomas for pointing this out!

When libraries utilize predefined Call Number Prefixes and Call Number Suffixes (call number prefixes and suffixes that have been set up in Server Admin then applied in volume editor), staff cannot view this information on the Item Status Screen – Alternate View. The Item Call # field excludes these entries from the view. Staff members would need to manually enter the call number prefixes and suffixes within the Call Number field of the volume editor for them to show up in the Item Call # field of the Item Status screen.

Revision history for this message
Bill Thomas (thomasb-b) wrote :

This would be a great thing to have fixed for anyone that uses either prefix's or suffix's and we use both.

Revision history for this message
Rose Peda (rpeda) wrote :

This would be helpful information to have for our library to have giving us more information / tools in locating materials
Rose Peda

Revision history for this message
Jason Etheridge (phasefx) wrote :

Might be a matter of aesthetics, but should we cram the prefix and suffix into the same Item Call # field there or have dedicated display fields for them? There is vertical room for more display fields.

Revision history for this message
Erica Rohlfs (erohlfs) wrote :

If there is room, then I am personally in favor of giving them distinct fields. That way, staff members have a visual distinction of the predefined versus manually entered prefixes and suffixes. But, I also see how having the info brought together may be more helpful to some -as you mention- aesthetically.

Revision history for this message
Bill Thomas (thomasb-b) wrote : Re: [Bug 1296926] Re: Item Status Alternate View Screen Needs Call Number Prefix and Call Number Suffix Fields

vertical would be our preference, there is plenty of room in that column
they could even be side by side if so desired all tho preference would be
prefix, call number, suffix, even if going down the page

*Wm R (Bill) ThomasLibrary Computer SpecialistLinn-Benton Community
College6500 SW Pacific Blvd.Albany OR 97321Phone: (541) 917-4655*

*Fax: (541) 917-4692*

*Cell: (541) 990-3191*

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 6:53 AM, Erica Rohlfs <email address hidden>wrote:

> If there is room, then I am personally in favor of giving them distinct
> fields. That way, staff members have a visual distinction of the
> predefined versus manually entered prefixes and suffixes. But, I also
> see how having the info brought together may be more helpful to some -as
> you mention- aesthetically.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1296926
>
> Title:
> Item Status Alternate View Screen Needs Call Number Prefix and Call
> Number Suffix Fields
>
> Status in Evergreen - Open ILS:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> Evergreen Version 2.5.3b
>
> Thanks to Bill Thomas for pointing this out!
>
> When libraries utilize predefined Call Number Prefixes and Call Number
> Suffixes (call number prefixes and suffixes that have been set up in
> Server Admin then applied in volume editor), staff cannot view this
> information on the Item Status Screen - Alternate View. The Item Call
> # field excludes these entries from the view. Staff members would need
> to manually enter the call number prefixes and suffixes within the
> Call Number field of the volume editor for them to show up in the Item
> Call # field of the Item Status screen.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1296926/+subscriptions
>

Revision history for this message
Erica Rohlfs (erohlfs) wrote :

My only concern with side-by-side is that there is already a screen resolution issue for that screen. Bug #1270171

Revision history for this message
Bill Thomas (thomasb-b) wrote :

side by side would not be preferred but usable, more like:
CNPrefix:_________
Call Number:_____________
CNSuffix:________
would be ok a well

*Wm R (Bill) ThomasLibrary Computer SpecialistLinn-Benton Community
College6500 SW Pacific Blvd.Albany OR 97321Phone: (541) 917-4655*

*Fax: (541) 917-4692*

*Cell: (541) 990-3191*

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Erica Rohlfs <email address hidden>wrote:

> My only concern with side-by-side is that there is already a screen
> resolution issue for that screen. Bug #1270171
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1296926
>
> Title:
> Item Status Alternate View Screen Needs Call Number Prefix and Call
> Number Suffix Fields
>
> Status in Evergreen - Open ILS:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> Evergreen Version 2.5.3b
>
> Thanks to Bill Thomas for pointing this out!
>
> When libraries utilize predefined Call Number Prefixes and Call Number
> Suffixes (call number prefixes and suffixes that have been set up in
> Server Admin then applied in volume editor), staff cannot view this
> information on the Item Status Screen - Alternate View. The Item Call
> # field excludes these entries from the view. Staff members would need
> to manually enter the call number prefixes and suffixes within the
> Call Number field of the volume editor for them to show up in the Item
> Call # field of the Item Status screen.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1296926/+subscriptions
>

Kathy Lussier (klussier)
Changed in evergreen:
status: New → Confirmed
importance: Undecided → Medium
Revision history for this message
Michele Morgan (mmorgan) wrote :

Adding a fixedinwebby tag. The fields appear in Webby's Item Status detail view as Bill Thomas illustrated above:

CNPrefix:_________
Call Number:_____________
CNSuffix:________

tags: added: fixedinwebby
Revision history for this message
Kathy Lussier (klussier) wrote :

Setting this bug to Won't Fix since it is fixed in the web client and the xul client is now deprecated.

Changed in evergreen:
status: Confirmed → Won't Fix
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers