Possible fix for fragmented chapters...
Report from Christian Kuehnke via email:
I stumbled over dvdbackup when I was looking for something to dissect DVD-9 contents which was a) available in source b) would run on Solaris x86 and c) would have as few dependencies as possible. I'd rather have a small command line tool than something big and heavy with a GUI etc. etc.
dvdbackup seemd to fit my needs pretty well. Thanks so much for your work so far.
When I tried it on a given DVD-9 (from the "Scrubs" TV series) to extract single tracks, I noticed some weird behaviour. The resulting extracted VOB files were much larger than anticipated.
The reason for this is, that single chapters on this DVD are scattered over a few cells across multiple VOB's. dvdbackup would copy everything from the first sector of the first cell to the last sector of the last cell in a contignouus fashion, which clearly didn't seem right. See my enclosed "broken.txt" for the DVD info and the beginning of a DEBUG log.
Enclosed you also find a patch for DVDWriteCells in dvdbackup.c which I think might bring it closer to the desired behaviour. At least it works for me.
Thanks again for the work on this.
|Changed in dvdbackup:|
|status:||Fix Committed → Fix Released|