HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

Bug #1523498 reported by adriankoooo on 2015-12-07
10
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Duplicity
Medium
Unassigned

Bug Description

I am trying to use the new b2 plugin, but it works for one directory only. If I try to select another directory on b2, then I get this error:

(/scripts dir working):

@ubuntu:~$ FTP_PASSWORD=XY duplicy Dropbox/BackupUbuntu/scripts/ b2://XY@bucket_name/scripts/
Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
Last full backup date: Sat Dec 5 00:14:14 2015
GnuPG passphrase:
Retype passphrase to confirm:
--------------[ Backup Statistics ]--------------
StartTime 1449494533.93 (Mon Dec 7 14:22:13 2015)
EndTime 1449494533.97 (Mon Dec 7 14:22:13 2015)
ElapsedTime 0.04 (0.04 seconds)
SourceFiles 6
SourceFileSize 135695 (133 KB)
NewFiles 2
NewFileSize 30619 (29.9 KB)
DeletedFiles 1
ChangedFiles 0
ChangedFileSize 0 (0 bytes)
ChangedDeltaSize 0 (0 bytes)
DeltaEntries 3
RawDeltaSize 26523 (25.9 KB)
TotalDestinationSizeChange 26690 (26.1 KB)
Errors 0
-------------------------------------------------

not working directory (123/, of course it is exist in the bucket):

@ubuntu:~$ FTP_PASSWORD=XY duplicity Dropbox/BackupUbuntu/scripts/ b2://XY@bucket_name/123/
Synchronizing remote metadata to local cache...
GnuPG passphrase:
Copying duplicity-full-signatures.20151204T231414Z.sigtar.gpg to local cache.
Attempt 1 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Attempt 2 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Attempt 3 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Attempt 4 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Giving up after 5 attempts. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

Already tried to delete .cache/duplicity/, not helped.

v9 log:

http://hopp.mihalko.eu/1RzBUrl

Interesting it's showing 0.7.04, but not, I have 0.7.06 from your ubuntu repo.

Download full text (4.1 KiB)

It should show duplicity 0.7.06 from both releases and daily PPA's.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 7:29 AM, adriankoooo <email address hidden> wrote:

> Public bug reported:
>
> I am trying to use the new b2 plugin, but it works for one directory
> only. If I try to select another directory on b2, then I get this error:
>
> (/scripts dir working):
>
> @ubuntu:~$ FTP_PASSWORD=XY duplicy Dropbox/BackupUbuntu/scripts/
> b2://XY@bucket_name/scripts/
> Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
> Last full backup date: Sat Dec 5 00:14:14 2015
> GnuPG passphrase:
> Retype passphrase to confirm:
> --------------[ Backup Statistics ]--------------
> StartTime 1449494533.93 (Mon Dec 7 14:22:13 2015)
> EndTime 1449494533.97 (Mon Dec 7 14:22:13 2015)
> ElapsedTime 0.04 (0.04 seconds)
> SourceFiles 6
> SourceFileSize 135695 (133 KB)
> NewFiles 2
> NewFileSize 30619 (29.9 KB)
> DeletedFiles 1
> ChangedFiles 0
> ChangedFileSize 0 (0 bytes)
> ChangedDeltaSize 0 (0 bytes)
> DeltaEntries 3
> RawDeltaSize 26523 (25.9 KB)
> TotalDestinationSizeChange 26690 (26.1 KB)
> Errors 0
> -------------------------------------------------
>
> not working directory (123/, of course it is exist in the bucket):
>
> @ubuntu:~$ FTP_PASSWORD=XY duplicity Dropbox/BackupUbuntu/scripts/
> b2://XY@bucket_name/123/
> Synchronizing remote metadata to local cache...
> GnuPG passphrase:
> Copying duplicity-full-signatures.20151204T231414Z.sigtar.gpg to local
> cache.
> Attempt 1 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Attempt 2 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Attempt 3 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Attempt 4 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Giving up after 5 attempts. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>
> Already tried to delete .cache/duplicity/, not helped.
>
> v9 log:
>
> http://hopp.mihalko.eu/1RzBUrl
>
> Interesting it's showing 0.7.04, but not, I have 0.7.06 from your ubuntu
> repo.
>
> ** Affects: duplicity
> Importance: Undecided
> Status: New
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to
> Duplicity.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1523498
>
> Title:
> HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>
> Status in Duplicity:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> I am trying to use the new b2 plugin, but it works for one directory
> only. If I try to select another directory on b2, then I get this
> error:
>
> (/scripts dir working):
>
> @ubuntu:~$ FTP_PASSWORD=XY duplicy Dropbox/BackupUbuntu/scripts/
> b2://XY@bucket_name/scripts/
> Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
> Last full backup date: Sat Dec 5 00:14:14 2015
> GnuPG passphrase:
> Retype passphrase to confirm:
> --------------[ Backup Statistics ]--------------
> StartTime 1449494533.93 (Mon Dec 7 14:22:13 2015)
> EndTime 1449494533.97 (Mon Dec 7 14:22:13 2015)
> ElapsedTime 0.04 (0.04 seconds)
> SourceFiles 6
> SourceFileSize 135695 (133 KB)
> NewFiles 2
> NewFileSize 30619 (29.9 KB)
> DeletedFiles 1
> ChangedFiles 0
> ChangedFileSize 0 (0 bytes)
> ChangedDeltaSize 0 (0 bytes)
> DeltaEntries 3
> RawDeltaSize 26523 (25.9 KB)
> TotalDestinationSizeCha...

Read more...

adriankoooo (adriankoooo) wrote :

ubuntu:~$ dpkg -l | grep '^ii' | grep duplicity
ii duplicity 0.7.06-0ubuntu0ppa1158~ubuntu14.04.1 amd64 encrypted bandwidth-efficient backup
madrian@ubuntu:~$ which duplicity
/usr/local/bin/duplicity

Then why it's showing different version? Can this different affect my bug?

adriankoooo (adriankoooo) wrote :

Hmmm, before I was installed one instance from source. I decided to install itt again and install again from the repo:

Remove the package:
1, sudo apt-get purge duplicity

Install again from source, at this time record installed files, then remove all files:
2,sudo python setup.py install --record files.txt
cat files.txt | sudo xargs rm -rf

3,sudo apt-get install duplicity

Test it:

Now it's showing 0.7.06, but 404 error again.

http://hopp.mihalko.eu/1jK7Hb8

adriankoooo (adriankoooo) wrote :

I tried on another bucket:

FTP_PASSWORD=xy duplicity Dropbox/BackupUbuntu/scripts/ b2://xy@newbucket/123/ -v9

Duplicity fine create the 123 directory on b2 and uploads the backup.

Immediately after that If I try to make backup to another directory on the b2:

FTP_PASSWORD=xy duplicity Dropbox/BackupUbuntu/scripts/ b2://xy@newbucket/123adrian/ -v9

I get 404 error.

It sounds like you may need to create the directory before uploading to it.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 9:56 AM, adriankoooo <email address hidden> wrote:

> I tried on another bucket:
>
> FTP_PASSWORD=xy duplicity Dropbox/BackupUbuntu/scripts/
> b2://xy@newbucket/123/ -v9
>
> Duplicity fine create the 123 directory on b2 and uploads the backup.
>
> Immediately after that If I try to make backup to another directory on
> the b2:
>
> FTP_PASSWORD=xy duplicity Dropbox/BackupUbuntu/scripts/
> b2://xy@newbucket/123adrian/ -v9
>
> I get 404 error.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to
> Duplicity.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1523498
>
> Title:
> HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>
> Status in Duplicity:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> I am trying to use the new b2 plugin, but it works for one directory
> only. If I try to select another directory on b2, then I get this
> error:
>
> (/scripts dir working):
>
> @ubuntu:~$ FTP_PASSWORD=XY duplicy Dropbox/BackupUbuntu/scripts/
> b2://XY@bucket_name/scripts/
> Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
> Last full backup date: Sat Dec 5 00:14:14 2015
> GnuPG passphrase:
> Retype passphrase to confirm:
> --------------[ Backup Statistics ]--------------
> StartTime 1449494533.93 (Mon Dec 7 14:22:13 2015)
> EndTime 1449494533.97 (Mon Dec 7 14:22:13 2015)
> ElapsedTime 0.04 (0.04 seconds)
> SourceFiles 6
> SourceFileSize 135695 (133 KB)
> NewFiles 2
> NewFileSize 30619 (29.9 KB)
> DeletedFiles 1
> ChangedFiles 0
> ChangedFileSize 0 (0 bytes)
> ChangedDeltaSize 0 (0 bytes)
> DeltaEntries 3
> RawDeltaSize 26523 (25.9 KB)
> TotalDestinationSizeChange 26690 (26.1 KB)
> Errors 0
> -------------------------------------------------
>
> not working directory (123/, of course it is exist in the bucket):
>
> @ubuntu:~$ FTP_PASSWORD=XY duplicity Dropbox/BackupUbuntu/scripts/
> b2://XY@bucket_name/123/
> Synchronizing remote metadata to local cache...
> GnuPG passphrase:
> Copying duplicity-full-signatures.20151204T231414Z.sigtar.gpg to local
> cache.
> Attempt 1 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Attempt 2 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Attempt 3 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Attempt 4 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Giving up after 5 attempts. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>
> Already tried to delete .cache/duplicity/, not helped.
>
> v9 log:
>
> http://hopp.mihalko.eu/1RzBUrl
>
> Interesting it's showing 0.7.04, but not, I have 0.7.06 from your
> ubuntu repo.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/1523498/+subscriptions
>

adriankoooo (adriankoooo) wrote :

From my previously comment you can see that /123 was created by duplicity and creates the backup.

But after that I get error for any directory (does not matter if it is exists or not).

adriankoooo (adriankoooo) wrote :

+It fails for any other local directory too

FTP_PASSWORD=xy duplicity another_source_directory/ b2://xy@newbucket/ -v9

 HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

adriankoooo (adriankoooo) wrote :

Basically I can create only one backup per bucket, any other attemps fails with the 404 error.

In all case I delete .cache/duplicity and /tmp/ directory.

No need to delete anything. That won't help.

Try creating the directory before running duplicity.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 10:55 AM, adriankoooo <email address hidden> wrote:

> Basically I can create only one backup per bucket, any other attemps
> fails with the 404 error.
>
> In all case I delete .cache/duplicity and /tmp/ directory.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to
> Duplicity.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1523498
>
> Title:
> HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>
> Status in Duplicity:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> I am trying to use the new b2 plugin, but it works for one directory
> only. If I try to select another directory on b2, then I get this
> error:
>
> (/scripts dir working):
>
> @ubuntu:~$ FTP_PASSWORD=XY duplicy Dropbox/BackupUbuntu/scripts/
> b2://XY@bucket_name/scripts/
> Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
> Last full backup date: Sat Dec 5 00:14:14 2015
> GnuPG passphrase:
> Retype passphrase to confirm:
> --------------[ Backup Statistics ]--------------
> StartTime 1449494533.93 (Mon Dec 7 14:22:13 2015)
> EndTime 1449494533.97 (Mon Dec 7 14:22:13 2015)
> ElapsedTime 0.04 (0.04 seconds)
> SourceFiles 6
> SourceFileSize 135695 (133 KB)
> NewFiles 2
> NewFileSize 30619 (29.9 KB)
> DeletedFiles 1
> ChangedFiles 0
> ChangedFileSize 0 (0 bytes)
> ChangedDeltaSize 0 (0 bytes)
> DeltaEntries 3
> RawDeltaSize 26523 (25.9 KB)
> TotalDestinationSizeChange 26690 (26.1 KB)
> Errors 0
> -------------------------------------------------
>
> not working directory (123/, of course it is exist in the bucket):
>
> @ubuntu:~$ FTP_PASSWORD=XY duplicity Dropbox/BackupUbuntu/scripts/
> b2://XY@bucket_name/123/
> Synchronizing remote metadata to local cache...
> GnuPG passphrase:
> Copying duplicity-full-signatures.20151204T231414Z.sigtar.gpg to local
> cache.
> Attempt 1 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Attempt 2 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Attempt 3 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Attempt 4 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Giving up after 5 attempts. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>
> Already tried to delete .cache/duplicity/, not helped.
>
> v9 log:
>
> http://hopp.mihalko.eu/1RzBUrl
>
> Interesting it's showing 0.7.04, but not, I have 0.7.06 from your
> ubuntu repo.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/1523498/+subscriptions
>

adriankoooo (adriankoooo) wrote :

Not helps. :(

+I get same error if I am trying to list-current files in the root after a success upload (success upload = I created a new bucket)

FTP_PASSWORD=xy duplicity list-current-files b2://xy@bucket/
Synchronizing remote metadata to local cache...
GnuPG passphrase:
Copying duplicity-full-signatures.20151207T205519Z.sigtar.gpg to local cache.
Attempt 1 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Attempt 2 failed. HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

And it's not an OS issue, I am trying on an Ubuntu and Debian server.

Screenshot:
http://hopp.mihalko.eu/1TYC1fi

There is a pull request on GitHub (https://github.com/matthewbentley/duplicity_b2/pull/4) that I will investigate this that might fix it. I'll report back in a bit

adriankoooo (adriankoooo) wrote :

Hello Mathew,

I manually injected the changes from pull request and the backup works now (multiple backup per bucket) , but listing still not. See my previous comment.

Changed in duplicity:
importance: Undecided → Medium
milestone: none → 0.7.07
status: New → Fix Committed
John (x-j) wrote :

Thanks Kenneth - hit this too and after copying b2backend.py from head into 0.7.06 it all seems to work fine now.

Changed in duplicity:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers