Virtualbox Icon in 2.10 are broken because of an new specification

Bug #323902 reported by dol.dev on 2009-02-01
2
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Do Plugins
Low
Chris S.

Bug Description

Since Virtualbox 2.10 the XML-Specification of a maschine have been changed. Because of this, the OSType-Value, that's used to choose an icon are changed.
The differents are visible here:
http://www.virtualbox.org/changeset?old_path=trunk%2Fsrc%2FVBox%2FMain%2Fxml%2FVirtualBox-settings-common.xsd&old=15968&new_path=trunk%2Fsrc%2FVBox%2FMain%2Fxml%2FVirtualBox-settings-common.xsd&new=14200

The patch fix this problem and is also backwards compatible. Also some cosmetics were made. It add some new icons.

PS: I forgot to update the Ressources for the .mds (MonoDevelop Project) file.

dol.dev (doldev) on 2009-02-01
description: updated
Chris S. (cszikszoy) on 2009-02-01
Changed in do-plugins:
assignee: nobody → cszikszoy
importance: Undecided → Low
Chris S. (cszikszoy) wrote :

Thanks a lot for the patch. I've actually been working on this myself. I've only hesitated to release a fix because I'm not quite sure what the best solution is. If I take your patch as is, it breaks support for virtualbox users pre 2.10. I'm not sure if I should aim to support all versions of VBOX, or just the latest one.

Let me think about this for a bit, but rest assured... a fix is coming soon!

dol.dev (doldev) wrote :

My patch is backwards compartible. Now, it maps the new specification to the old one. This isn't a good solution. I have only done the work to mapping the old specification to the new or the other way around. For the future it would be better to support the new specification and support only one format that's back compatible.
I tested the solution on Vbox 2.0.4 and VBox 2.10 and in both cases the patch worked. My second patch fixes all my newbie faults with gnome-do plugins.

PS: There is an problem in my mapping list. I have "netware" twice in the Dictionary. This will give you an error during initialization of the VMItem object. I haven't tested my code before i sent the bug report. I had to figure out who to add a additional self compiled component to the plugin system. I'd like revers engineering. BTW: Is there an specification of the plugin interface?
I also made the fault, that I choose the "lp:~cszikszoy/do-plugins/vbox" branch and not the official one. My patch is of little value. The only thing you can use is the Dictionary and the optimization with Path.Combine (no need of hacky string converting and replacement).

Chris S. (cszikszoy) wrote :

No problem, thanks for the patch anyways. There wasn't too much that was changed, I can just add it to trunk by hand.

Chris S. (cszikszoy) wrote :

This has finally been fixed in do-plugins/trunk revno 531!

Changed in do-plugins:
status: New → Fix Committed
Chris S. (cszikszoy) on 2009-03-14
Changed in do-plugins:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers