[needs-packaging] FreePBX - web interface for Asterisk administration
Nominated for Jaunty by Siva
FreePBX is a full-featured PBX web application. FreePBX is a web interface that simplifies Asterisk, to enable "built in" programming, and to plug a phone into it and make it work without editing configuration files, writing dialplans, and various messing about.
FreePBX makes this somple by giving you pre-programmed functionality accessible by a user-friendly web interfaces that allows you to have a fully functional PBX pretty much straight away with no programming required. Some of the features that FreePBX supports out of the box are:
* Unlimited number of Voicemail boxes
* "Follow Me" functionality
* Ring Groups with calls confirmation (so if, eg, a cellphone is out of range and diverts to voicemail, all the other phones keep ringing)
* Unlimited number of Conferences (limited by available CPU power - about 300 simultaneous users in conferences on a P4 3ghz - 600 with a dual core!)
* Paging and Intercom functionality for man SIP phones that support it.
* Music on Hold (via MP3s, or streamed off the internet)
* Call Queues
* And many other features
FreePBX is the most widely deployed Asterisk based PBX application with over 3 million direct and indirect downloads. It transforms your LAMPA stack into a powerful PBX. See http://
FreePBX also has a range of plugins.
FreePBX is one stand-alone part of "The FreePBX Project".
License: Free GPL
Atengo commits that FreePBX will always be Free - Free as in Freedom, not just Free as in Beer. "Free as in Beer" means you don't have to pay anything, but you can't see the code, change the code, store the code. "Free as in Freedom" means that you can. Remember that PBX lifespans are usually 10 years when you consider using non-Free code or services.
contact <email address hidden>
GPL statement - see http://
|Changed in debian:|
|status:||Unknown → New|