Rhythmbox support broken

Bug #916710 reported by M4he on 2012-01-15
22
This bug affects 4 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
CoverGloobus
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

CoverGloobus doesn't work with any newer Rhythmbox version since December 2011 because the mpris dbus name changed.

Have a look at this report: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=667919

Rhythmbox now uses 'org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.rhythmbox3' but CoverGloobus only recognizes 'org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.rhythmbox'.

M4he (mahe) on 2012-01-15
description: updated
M4he (mahe) wrote :
Alexandr Grigorcea (cahr-gr) wrote :

you haven't fixed it, you just changed the dbus name, so it breaks for everyone with stable rhythmbox

anyway, we are probably dealing with mpris players in a wrong way

M4he (mahe) wrote :

The latest stable release is 2.95 (according to http://projects.gnome.org/rhythmbox/ ) and this one already uses "rhythmbox3" as its dbus name.

You might consider adding something like "Rythmbox3" to the player selection. This would get rid of the issue without breaking support for older versions ;)

Gaurav (gauravbegur) wrote :

Trying to run CoverGloobus 1.72 with RhythmBox and I'm still having this problem. No matter how many times I go through the preferences, it won't work. I tested it with Banshee and it worked great. But I want to use RhythmBox. I tried using The Rhythmbox.py that M4he uploaded but it gave me this error:

gaurav@gaurav:~$ python '/home/gaurav/Desktop/Rhythmbox.py'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/gaurav/Desktop/Rhythmbox.py", line 19, in <module>
    from generic.Mpris2 import Mpris2
ImportError: No module named generic.Mpris2

Ubuntu 10.04 Gnome 2.3

Thanks,

Gaurav

Alexandr Grigorcea (cahr-gr) wrote :

python '/home/gaurav/Desktop/Rhythmbox.py' ? really?
put it in your covergloobus/src/players/ directory

Gaurav (gauravbegur) wrote :

Im sorry I didn't know what to do with the file :/

when you say "covergloobus/src/players/ directory"

the only covergloobus directories i could find (by searching my file system) was "/usr/share/covergloobus" but under there, there wasn't any /src/ directory.

Thank for the help.

/usr/share/covergloobus/players

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 02:55, Gaurav <email address hidden> wrote:

> Im sorry I didn't know what to do with the file :/
>
> when you say "covergloobus/src/players/ directory"
>
> the only covergloobus directories i could find (by searching my file
> system) was "/usr/share/covergloobus" but under there, there wasn't any
> /src/ directory.
>
> Thank for the help.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Gloobus
> Developers, which is the registrant for CoverGloobus.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/916710
>
> Title:
> Rhythmbox support broken
>
> Status in CoverGloobus:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> CoverGloobus doesn't work with any newer Rhythmbox version since
> December 2011 because the mpris dbus name changed.
>
> Have a look at this report:
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=667919
>
> Rhythmbox now uses 'org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.rhythmbox3' but
> CoverGloobus only recognizes 'org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.rhythmbox'.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/covergloobus/+bug/916710/+subscriptions
>

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Duplicates of this bug

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.