Remove Remove Acount... menu entry

Bug #183972 reported by sander on 2008-01-18
2
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Coccinella
High
Mats

Bug Description

Remove the Remove Account... menu entry. Also remove the option dialog to also delete the account when deleting a profile in the edit profiles dialog.

As can be read in Question #22444 even experienced users accidentally delete their account. So, it will for sure not be good for the "Homer Simpsons" who use Coccinella. Also, removing an account is not good as it will mean their will be less Jabber accounts in statistics ;-)

sander (s-devrieze) on 2008-01-18
Changed in coccinella:
assignee: nobody → matsben
importance: Undecided → High

If I remeber correctly the request to remove account when removing
profile came from you...
Anyhow, it is now in config()

On 1/18/08, Launchpad Bug Tracker <email address hidden> wrote:
> You have been subscribed to a public bug:
>
> Remove the Remove Account... menu entry. Also remove the option dialog
> to also delete the account when deleting a profile in the edit profiles
> dialog.
>
> As can be read in Question #22444 even experienced users accidentally
> delete their account. So, it will for sure not be good for the "Homer
> Simpsons" who use Coccinella. Also, removing an account is not good as
> it will mean their will be less Jabber accounts in statistics ;-)
>
> ** Affects: coccinella
> Importance: High
> Assignee: Mats (matsben)
> Status: New
>
> --
> Remove Remove Acount... menu entry
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/183972
> You received this bug notification because you are a bug assignee.
>

sander (s-devrieze) wrote :

2008/1/18, Mats <email address hidden>:
> If I remeber correctly the request to remove account when removing
> profile came from you...

Possible, humans can change their mind ;-)

> Anyhow, it is now in config()

Disabled by default?

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.

Mats (matsben) wrote :

The questions is still asked but defaults to No.

On 1/18/08, sander <email address hidden> wrote:
> 2008/1/18, Mats <email address hidden>:
> > If I remeber correctly the request to remove account when removing
> > profile came from you...
>
> Possible, humans can change their mind ;-)
>
> > Anyhow, it is now in config()
>
> Disabled by default?
>
> --
> Mvg, Sander Devrieze.
>
> --
> Remove Remove Acount... menu entry
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/183972
> You received this bug notification because you are a bug assignee.
>

sander (s-devrieze) wrote :

IMO the feature should be removed out of Coccinella. Disable it in the code. Other argument: someone is chatting and takes a bathroom break. In the meantime someone else removes the account...

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers