pdf to epub conversion worsen from 3.23 to 3.24

Bug #1775984 reported by Michele Amati on 2018-06-09
22
This bug affects 3 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
calibre
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Converting (using heuristic) a pdf to epub with any version <= 3.23 works fine. Doing the same on any version >= 3.24 yields a much worse result.

I've attached the sample pdf I've used, and the results of the conversion with the last working version (3.23) and the latest one (3.25).

I'm using windows 10 and I use the calibre gui but I've also tried the cli version with similar results (attached files were converted with: "ebook-convert sample.pdf out.epub --enable-heuristics").

I don't think there's any need to describe what's wrong with the output of the newer version, just look at it, it should be clear. It's like it can't understand the structure of the page at all.

First time for me using this bug report platform, I hope I've done everything right, feel free to correct me and to ask for any additional details.

Michele Amati (flagg19) wrote :

Fixed in branch master. The fix will be in the next release. calibre is usually released every alternate Friday.

 status fixreleased

Changed in calibre:
status: New → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Duplicates of this bug

Other bug subscribers