Generate catalog fails

Bug #1565242 reported by Armin Geller on 2016-04-02
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
calibre
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Hi Kovid,
Today I have an issue with generating a catalog. I generate the catalog every month but today it told me, there is a issue with a cover what had not change since 07/2013.
Pls. see attached report below and let me know, if you need more informations.
Best regards,
Armin

Armin Geller (armingeller) wrote :

That indicates you have a book record in your calibre database with no
uuid. I dont see how that is possible with vanilla calibre, so I assume
you have some plugin installed causing that. I will add some code to the
catalog generation to workaround the problem.

Fixed in branch master. The fix will be in the next release. calibre is usually released every Friday.

 status fixreleased

Changed in calibre:
status: New → Fix Released
Armin Geller (armingeller) wrote :

Sh*t. I had done a check for a user and it looks like I did this not knowingly in my productive library. You are right. There is exactly one book in the library without an uuid.

I just recognize by adding books from a connected folder, that I have also problems to get the books metadata of new books in the folder. (a ADE - Library). All new and not known books have the same metadata of the book with the missing uuid.
Maybe the new content server is effected too as I recognize now an error by starting the server.

Jesus, I need to be more carefully. I normally don't do this kind of things with my productive library. Anyway, good to know the side effects for the future.

Question: Is there a way to add the uuid back to the book w/o deletion of the complete book entry and adding the book once more?

Best regards,
Armin

PS: Just check your update and run it from source. Generating the catalog is working with your update. Thanks a lot.

Just use save to disk and then add from foldef, one book per folder.
That should restore all metadata and book formats.

Armin Geller (armingeller) wrote :

I did it with a backup and check everything once more. The problems are solved for connected folder and generating catalog after I delete the book and reimport it from a backup.

For the new content server I was wrong. There is going something else wrong. But as this is an other issue for a function what is not even a beta I think, we can close the original topic.

Best regards,
Armin

PS:
Pls. let me know if you like a feedback for the new server.

Kovid Goyal (kovid) wrote :

There is still some time before the new server is anywhere near ready

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Bug attachments